Drawer slide shortage
(02-02-2022, 04:50 PM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: Thanks for the recommendations.  I think I’m going to try a soft close, full extension undermount slide by Pride.  My regular local supplier said KV MUV’s are being discontinued and they are going to start carrying Pride.  I know nothing about Pride hardware but my local supplier has never stocked junk hardware.  They have 3/4” extension, soft close undermount slides right now.  They are cheap at $14 a pair in 18” size but I hate to compromise on these vanities due to supply chain issues.  BIN Zinnser pigmented shellac is a pain to find locally as well.

Did you get the Pride brand ones?  I'm curious if they are any good or not.  I have the luxury of time on my desk project since I haven't cut the first board yet, but I thought I should order what I want now.  The Pride ones I've found claim they'll fit the same size specs as the Blums.  I need the depth adjustment for flush drawers, and these seem to have them.

I'll definitely wait to make the drawer boxes until I have slides in hand in case I have to switch to a different type.

Ebay had exactly what I need for blums.....for $625.  
Rolleyes
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
(02-01-2022, 10:24 AM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: Lately, it seems many things I need are not readily available.  I’m gathering materials and planning to build new vanities for my home.  I’d really like to use soft close undermount drawer slides by Blum or KV.  If I’m going to dedicate the time and efforts, I want to use high quality materials.  I’d also like to develop a drawer and cabinet system that I could hone in for possibly starting a kitchen cabinet and laundry room build.

My local wood and hardware supplier, Liberty Hardwoods in KC, isn’t expecting KV MUV undermount slides until July!  The Blum Blumotions are also back ordered for 8+ weeks.  Can anyone recommend another undermount slide or know where the KV’s or Blum’s can be sourced?  Thanks.

First time on this site, I have a question, I am looking to build a lean toon in the Adirondacks on my property   1, What is the best wood to use, 2, would i be better to purchase a used or inexpensive wood mill.??    How would I order logs for this project 

Thanks
I haven’t ordered the Pride slides and I need to make a decision. The Grass Dynapros are somewhat available and Grass makes quality cabinetry accessories. The Prides would be nice to use and learn now for when the Blums become available again. This shortage stuff is something else….

(02-06-2022, 04:28 PM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote:   This shortage stuff is something else….

Yep, for sure. Try being a custom shop and you need 100 pair of slides. Our supplier said, nope, nada. We needed basic "C" pulls, ordered in April, received in October. Now, we are being told, no MDF, no birch ply, no poplar ply and very little maple ply. Everything is being picked clean for paint grade.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry