Leftovers....again
Interested to see how this one turns out. I have both of these Sellers designs in my queue, haven't reached their turns yet though.
Spent some time yesterday...prep the parts to size...

Sides were trimmed for length, to allow for the half blind dovetails in the front.   Sides also got a shallow rebate.  Then tails were laid out and cut, and chopped, and pared

Was going too good, didn't want to stop to take any photos....used the tails to lay out the pin board...

More saw, chop and pare work, until a dry fit could be attempted...then a bit more pare work, until..

One corner done.  ( I hate tails first..) then repeat for the other corner..cussing included, of course...

Had about every sized chisel in the shop on hand....

Back was getting sore....too much hunched over the work?   Video had stopped about here...so did I...will get the back Through dovetails later today..

A 1/4" plywood bottom panel was cut to size....will run grooves to fit it.   The back has been sized to fit..

So...today's shop time will involve this..stay tuned...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I like the design and how this one is coming together, rebates on the lid work well.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Ok...time to lay out for the through dovetails to connect the sides to the back..

By doing pins first, of course...some saw work..

Then some chisel work..going half way down on the outside face..

Then, flip over and finish the chops..

And do a little clean up...

Then use these to lay out the tails....saw, chop, and pare..then try a dry fit..

Just to see what needs fine tuned....then, do all the above for corner #4...

Decided to house the plywood bottom in grooves....but..couldn't figure out a way to safely use the Stanley 45 on such short pieces....we have ways..

About 2 passes.  Had to keep double checking that I was milling the correct spot...and that the grooves all lined up...

Next..dry runs to fit the plywood bottom into the assembled drawer....took a few times.....nibble a bit, check, cuss, nibble a little bit more, check..cuss, one last time..

Finally, it was the right length.   width was already good...just the length was too long...Figured I might as well glue this mess up

And let it sit overnight.....

Stay tuned...
Excellent post. Great to see that 45 in action. Thanks for sharing.
Ok, clamps came off and were put away.  Had an issue to fix...

Round in back of the drawer, there were 2 square holes....had some scraps of Rosewood....made 2 plugs..glued in, pared and sanded flush.

What holes?  Front had a couple LIGHT passes from a smooth plane. The ends weren't too bad,, either..

Pare the "nibs" flush, and sand things smooth.....Decided just one knob will be enough....2 was too much..

Used a straight edge at the diagonals to find the center of the front..an Awl to make a hole for the Snail to find...

A #4 bit in a cordless drill.  Didn't need to drill the full 1/2" depth....only needed about 3/8" deep....dab of glue and a c clamp..

Let this sit awhile....I got out the Amber Shellac, and a brush....gave the rest of the box it's first coat...inside and out...by that time, drawer was ready for it's coat..

Also inside and out.  Checked how the drawer closed up..for a moment..

Ends?

Decided to leave things opened up for a while..to air out..

And..we have a PIP!.....went back down a while ago, rubbed things out with some 0000 steel wool, and brushed on coat #2...let this sit a day, then decide about any more coats..

Stay tuned
Need to head to the shop, this morning....and see how coat #2 turned out.....IF it needs another coat or two, I'll need to go and get a better brush....

We'll see....Film at 2300 hrs...
2 coats seems to be just enough...front view...

Drawer seems to fit pretty well, nothing sticking, or binding...

Opens up nicely enough, too..the lid?

And, with it closed..

Grain almost match the front of the box...around in back?

Not counting the lid and bottom panels, this is only 4" tall..
End details..

Where I covered over where a groove was....

Just where is it?

Rubbed between coats and after the second coat, with 0000 steel wool, then last coat buffed with that clean rag..that it is now sitting on. 
About a 2 week project....getting slow in me old age?

Thanks for looking in!
Hmmm, some posts are to show off what ones has made......others, like this one, show HOW a project was made.....

All depends on what one likes to read about......

Soon find out, there are NO "Trade Secrets" involved in building a ....box.   No longer are there Guilds where one has to show off a "Masterpiece"  to pass a test in the Guild.

Although...there IS the French Carpenter's Group......to become a "Journeyman", on the way to becoming a "Master"
Nice looking organizer. I saw a woodworking show on the local PBS station a week or so ago where the guy built a bath wall cabinet with dovetails he left proud intentionally.  They were then shaped to look nice.  As I was watching this thread, I was thinking dovetails like that might look pretty good on something like this.  Have you ever done dovetails like that?  

I can't recall the show or channel. I just happened on it as I was flipping channels.