Design Considerations
One of the first things I noticed in the original was that the ends of the arches had a flat area. I really liked that, in part b3cause it would make cleaning so much easier.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
(02-13-2022, 01:39 PM)MsNomer Wrote: One of the first things I noticed in the original was that the ends of the arches had a flat area.  I really liked that, in part b3cause it would make cleaning so much easier.

I never though of the cleaning aspect, but can see those nooks as hard to reach for dusting. I decided to not have those flats or flairs, as it would be easier to for me to get a consistent shape. Maybe I am just getting lazy.

All the joinery is fit and tested, surfaces have been planed smooth. I am trying to avoid sandpaper on this project, as much as possible. Should have the sides glued up by the end of the week. The I can start on the drawer runners. 

Spoke shave can put a nice final surface on curved pieces.