Walnut and pear console table
Excuse the cross post, also upstairs. Walnut and pear (I know, the only thing missing is blue cheese). Shellac and wax. Legs shaped with hand planes and spokeshaves and scrapers. Lots of scraper work on the shop-sawn veneer top. I was going to make fancier legs, attempt a hidden (invisible) drawer, ended up going for simplicity, for better or worse. Made more than my usual number of mistakes, but happy to be back in the shop.

[Image: Walnut%20and%20pear%20console%20table%2001-M.jpg]

[Image: Walnut%20and%20pear%20console%20table%2002-M.jpg]

[Image: Walnut%20and%20pear%20console%20table%2003-M.jpg]
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Very nice Aram. Inlay as well.

I like the simple, clean lines. Restful.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Very nice indeed.              .
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Great work!

Some additional characters
Excellent job! Pear is such an underrated wood. Works well, and is beautiful.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Well done.  Was this the same project that was started awhile ago??
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(02-05-2022, 07:37 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Well done.  Was this the same project that was started awhile ago??

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

Arlin, yes. Took a while.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

That's a beaut!   I particularly like the view from overhead.   It probably isn't easy to get that much pear wood!

Are the legs 'plumb' or splayed?   Just curious since the eye can play tricks.
Chris
(02-06-2022, 09:15 AM)C. in Indy Wrote: That's a beaut!   I particularly like the view from overhead.   It probably isn't easy to get that much pear wood!

Are the legs 'plumb' or splayed?   Just curious since the eye can play tricks.

Thank you. They are plumb.
Best,
Aram, always learning

(02-05-2022, 08:06 PM)Aram Wrote: Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

Arlin, yes. Took a while.

Laugh 
Laugh 
Laugh

Just my table top taken 16 months.  I know how feel.  I have another project this is for my daughter which is a 6 sides shelf which is still in the works after 28 months  
Crazy
Crazy
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.