Projects that just have not been finished
For me is is my 13yo grandsons high chair and will take a picture tomorrow.  I just have to finish putting on the back and then braces on the legs.

Made out of walunt figured red oak and cherry... well so far anyway.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I have lots of those. I started making one of those plant stands that is essentially just an x w legs. I got to a part where I needed more skills (can't get the leg dimensions to come out even) so I put it aside. Then I was building a rough Dutch tool chest. I'm not sure that I will be able to lift it fully loaded so I paused that. Got a few house things on pause for time availability.
Footboard replacement for daughter’s bed - stuck at glue up and hardware installation….it’s been years. ?
"Humble pie was delicious as an abstract motivational tool. But when you have to actually take a bite, it tastes terrible."
Dan Shaughnessy, boston globe on the Patriots loss in Superbowl XLII
It was below zero this morning when I got up and it is now about 4 or 5 above, I can't afford to heat my shop so it was still below zero when I took these pictures in my shop.  Pleas forgive the clutter but from around December first and the end of March the shop only sees me when I drop something off or pick something up.I walk in and set it down where ever I can find space. Anyway I stopped work on a Moravian bench and an 8 foot long Roubo bench.

Part if the Moravian's top is on the Roubo and the rest is up against the pole. Both are going to be split tops. 

I have the Moravians top glued up but I still have to cut the two pieces to length and install the wagon vise. I have the end dovetailed pieces to cut yet. The pin holes have been cut The leg vise needs to be cut in yet and the chop is setting there also. Also the top of the leg assembly needs to be cut to length. Anyway I have some work  to go on it. I have a lake Erie wooden crew for it but I am not sure if I will use it or just another metal leg screw.

As far as the Roubo I just have the chop to shape and the leg assembly to install and put on finish.

Tom
Looks nice Tom

Is anyone else plan on finishing their old projects?  For me I will (well mostly sure) I will start it again in May.  I am tired of it taking up room in the shop.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I do.  Embarrassed to say I haven't touched it in nearly 3 years now and it's a rather substantial project I've invested time and $$ into.

LOML asked "can you make me a sewing table" and showed me something rather small and simple online. I said "challenge accepted" (literally, I remember saying that phrase out loud to her) and so I went to it in SketchUp and designed something substantially bigger and more feature rich than she had in mind.. Spent lots of time planning it all out in SketchUp, sourced all the beautiful quarter sawn white oak and went to it. 

I think it's literally 90% done at this point.  At one point she said "where are we going to put that?" and I scoffed at this. 

Then my son needed a desk, so he and I built one, then we needed a TV stand, so I built one, then my daughter needed a built in closet organizer, and she and I built one. Then we decided we needed a bigger house (to hold the sewing table! lol) and so we bought a house. Then we had to sell the old house, which meant finishing up a front-porch and other interior things so we could get top dollar. Then we moved. Then I had to build out my shop again in the new garage (still a work in progress) so that I could start building a new kitchen in the new house (build thread plug: https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7364337)

Here are some pix of this monstrous sewing cabinet, which I promise she will get to use one day in a house that can actually hold it somewhere! Everything is dry-fit, nothing has been glued yet.

That last picture was taken almost 3 years ago and is exactly what it looks like today, stored away waiting for me to get back to it.

(Edit: clearly this isn't a hand tools project, hadn't noticed this thread was in the handtools section!)
I sure like what you are building on the sewing center. When it is done this year show us where you put it.

(02-17-2022, 04:36 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I sure like what you are building on the sewing center. When it is done this year show us where you put it.

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
A little encouragement plus I really would like to see it in place

Yes I understand how things go. I have the same problems. I get to where something can be used and then some other need comes up and I never can get back to completely finish it.
Tom