Source for Pink Ivory?
Anyone have a source for pink ivory?  My wife is really interested in this wood, and i've shown her some of the alternatives.  She is weighing those, but in the interim i am looking for potential courses.  Checked with the larger exotic wood spots - Hearne, Cook, Rarewoods, wondering if anyone has a smaller place that they know carries some.

She has an idea for these small nesting tables, and the pink ivory would be the high-polish top of these otherwise steel base tables.  Ideally she wants a live edge, but beggars can't be choosers.   Anything is open - resaw thicker stock, bookmatch, etc.

Thanks all,
Steve
GilmerWood.com carries pink ivory - won't be cheap.  Good Luck!

Lonnie

PS BellForestProducts.com carries some smaller pieces.
(02-09-2022, 03:17 PM)Mr Eddie Wrote: GilmerWood.com carries pink ivory - won't be cheap.  Good Luck!

Lonnie

Good call - did not check with Gilmer.  
Yea, i've explain that to the wife... not winning the fight yet.
Might sound crazy, there is some on eBay...you'll have to confirm sizes etc...many are small pieces for knife scales...
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4...ory+lumber
Pink marble might be cheaper - especially if you find a local marble counter top installer willing to sell you sink cutouts.

I think that it is Cook that keeps including pink ivory in their email ads. Woodcraft occasionally has some, but I think that it is store-dependent whether or not they have it in bd-ft wood.

Have you tried WoodFinder?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Johnson's Workbench here in Charlotte, MI has pink ivory and they will send it anywhere in the country. Furniture-sized pieces of pink ivory will be unbelievably expensive.
Zachary Dillinger
https://www.amazon.com/author/zdillinger

Author of "On Woodworking: Notes from a Lifetime at the Bench" and "With Saw, Plane and Chisel: Making Historic American Furniture With Hand Tools", 

Pink marble is an interesting idea.  Will bring that up with the boss.  And thanks for the lead on Johnson's Workbench
And we have a winner.  Pink marble will be explored.  We are now away from the pink ivory idea.  thank goodness!

Much appreciate the input everyone.  Saved me an awful lot of money!
Hey! I thought this was a woodworking forum...
<grin>
Also Cook Woods. Were it me, I'd strongly consider using a pink dye on maple. Cheaper in the long run, and you can dial in whatever color you want.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill