Where to find screwdriver bits?
I picked up a BOSCH GDX18V-1800CB15 Freak 18V EC Brushless Connected-Ready 1/4 In. and 1/2 In. Two-In-One Bit/Socket Impact Driver this week.

I also picked up a Bosch set of 1/4" shank bits for it, but I wasn't paying enough attention and the bit are all small tip.

I loaned it to a friend because he has a stainless steel toilet seat screw stuck. The largest slot bit that I had was 1/4" (S 8, I think that it is called).

I am having trouble finding a good source for 1/4" shank bits that are larger (and impact rated) without having to pay $10-$50 each.

Any recommendation for brands and sources for decent quality 1/4"-shank slot bits in the 3/8", 1/2", and 5/8" ranges that won't make me cry when one breaks?

Before anyone asks: no, I have no idea why I would want to spend another 10 or 20 $ to add the bluetooth connection option.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Have you looked at Harbor Freight?

Doug
(02-10-2022, 10:08 PM)Tapper Wrote: Have you looked at Harbor Freight?

Doug

I found the 1/2" socket screwdriver bits here
but I haven't found the 1/4"-shank ones that I could use in my other tools.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

Have you considered an 1/2 adapter to 1/4 hex bit adapter? 
Sorry, re-read the message and realize an adapter probably won't help but this wonderfull forum software won't let me delete the whole message.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
you know you can drive the broken ones out of the socket and replace. I have dun this with the ones for rotating my planer inserts.
Menards has a set 3/8 drive not impact but lifetime guarantee  3/8 drive linked
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
(02-11-2022, 06:23 AM)KyleD Wrote: Have you considered an 1/2 adapter to 1/4 hex bit adapter? 
Sorry, re-read the message and realize an adapter probably won't help but this wonderfull forum software won't let me delete the whole message.

Thanks. I understand about the confusion about the adapter. This series of drivers is the only one that I recall having both the 1/4" hex shaft socket and the 1/2" square socket drive in the same drive head.

I definitely feel your frustration about the current software features.
Sigh

Your try to help me is still very much appreciated.
Yes

(02-11-2022, 10:13 AM)Woodshop Wrote: you know you can drive the broken ones out of the socket and replace. I have dun this with the ones for rotating my planer inserts.
Menards has a set 3/8 drive not impact but lifetime guarantee  3/8 drive linked

I often wish that we had a Menards within a few states distance of us. The last time that I looked, the closest was in Ohio.

I do not have any broken ones (yet). Being able to drive a broken bit out of a socket is good to know, but it does me little good if I cannot buy a replacement for the broken one.

I am looking for some larger than S8 slot screwdriver bits with a 1/4" hex shaft so that I can use them in both the new hammer driver as well as in all of the ratchet screwdrivers that I have scattered all over the shop. I even have the LV adapter to use 1/4" hex shaft bits in a brace.

Over 50 years ago I bought a hammer-driven impact driver that came with several screw driver bits. The tool was used where I needed to remove some large phillips-head screws, and use of this tool forced the bit into the head of the screw while simultaneously applying rotational force. I checked Amazon for such a tool and found  https://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-2905-8-Inc...PPATS?th=1  That kit comes with a 3/8" square drive bit holder and a set of screwdriver bits, including 5/16 and 3/8 flat screwdriver bits,  the bit chuck, and some phillips bits. There's also a link there to just a set of 7 driver bits, the widest 1/2".  I don't know if you'd be able to get just the 3/8" drive bit holder by itself, but I'd expect that a plain 5/16" socket, or an impact-rated 5/16 socket would work as the 3/8" hex bit chuck.
(02-11-2022, 09:38 PM)thewalnutguy Wrote: Over 50 years ago I bought a hammer-driven impact driver that came with several screw driver bits. The tool was used where I needed to remove some large phillips-head screws, and use of this tool forced the bit into the head of the screw while simultaneously applying rotational force. I checked Amazon for such a tool and found  https://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-2905-8-Inc...PPATS?th=1  That kit comes with a 3/8" square drive bit holder and a set of screwdriver bits, including 5/16 and 3/8 flat screwdriver bits,  the bit chuck, and some phillips bits. There's also a link there to just a set of 7 driver bits, the widest 1/2".  I don't know if you'd be able to get just the 3/8" drive bit holder by itself, but I'd expect that a plain 5/16" socket, or an impact-rated 5/16 socket would work as the 3/8" hex bit chuck.

The Bosch hammer driver has a 1/2" square drive. I've got 1/4" and 3/8" socket sets in my shop and in my garage. I never had a need before for 1/2" drive socket sets since I pretty much stopped doing that sort of auto repair once I could afford to move out of my parents house.

On that same link, they also have the 1/2" square drive version. So, for $24, I can get the 1/2" square drive to 5/16" hex shank bit adapter and have a manual impact driver to stick in a drawer somewhere.

Then, I can get a 5/16" hex shank impact bits that includes Slotted 1/4-Inch, 5/16-Inch, 3/8-Inch and 1/2-Inch Bits

That does solve the short term need for wider slot-drive screwdriver bits for the hammer driver,
but it still doesn't give me bits that I can use in all my non-powered ratchet screwdrivers.

(02-12-2022, 01:36 AM)iclark Wrote: The Bosch hammer driver has a 1/2" square drive. I've got 1/4" and 3/8" socket sets in my shop and in my garage. I never had a need before for 1/2" drive socket sets since I pretty much stopped doing that sort of auto repair once I could afford to move out of my parents house.

On that same link, they also have the 1/2" square drive version. So, for $24, I can get the 1/2" square drive to 5/16" hex shank bit adapter and have a manual impact driver to stick in a drawer somewhere.

Then, I can get a 5/16" hex shank impact bits that includes Slotted 1/4-Inch, 5/16-Inch, 3/8-Inch and 1/2-Inch Bits

That does solve the short term need for wider slot-drive screwdriver bits for the hammer driver,
but it still doesn't give me bits that I can use in all my non-powered ratchet screwdrivers.

get a 1/4" hex  drive 5/16 chuck to use 5/16" hex shank screwdriver bits with your  non-powered ratchet screwdrivers. https://www.amazon.com/Malco-MSHC-Revers...100&sr=8-3