Barn wood ID
Can anyone help me identify barn wood. Located in central east Michigan  (croswell) near Lake Huron. Barn is 150 years plus and was used for horse and wagon. Phots are from the same piece of wood and are floor boards. Boards are 2” thick.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looking to identify

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like red or white oak end grain. Hard to tell by the pic but it looks like open pore end grain……so red oak.

(02-11-2022, 04:18 PM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: Looks like red or white oak end grain.  Hard to tell by the pic but it looks like open pore end grain……so red oak.

No ray figure showing.  Makes those unlikely.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Looks like white oak to me. I see the rays in the end grain, but there aren't any quarter sawn long grain pictures to show the telltale ray fleck figure.

Tyler
(02-11-2022, 08:10 PM)OneStaple Wrote: Looks like white oak to me. I see the rays in the end grain, but there aren't any quarter sawn long grain pictures to show the telltale ray fleck figure.

Tyler

Thank you Ill get better pictures