Project Aftermath
Where all of this mess needs to be put away...now that the Project is done...

All of this needs to go..somewhere else...might need the bench top cleared again...works better, that way.

However..Tool Cabinet NEEDS a remodel to happen, first..

As this needs to be a lot more organized...too much wasted space...

and a better spot for a jack plane...

Than here.    That rack of extra chisels may have to go, as well.....

Need to build/buy a series of shelves..

To get these boxes to where I don't have to pull a bunch out, just to get to the plane I need...

So..still a month before my hardwood supplier returns from the Land Downunder...looks like I have some work to do....just in case the next Project is something a bit bigger than just a simple box. 

That "Desktop Organizer" is scheduled to go...

Right about here, on the East End of the bench....holds small hardware, and layout  tools....and some of the tools needed for the smaller hardware parts...

Should be  "Very Interesting"....anyone want to stop by and help out?

Stay tuned...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Very much looking forward to the build
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
That's a very organized mess.  Mine is usually just a pile of tools.
Old saying:  before any re-construction can begin, there must be de-construction to make room for the "new"....

Been cleaning out spots...Then we'll see how it goes along....Some racks to change, some to move out.  Chisel rack is headed for the back of the bench.   Others will get dumped out, sorted through, and maybe be cut down to fit elsewhere....a rack of shelves to be added to the side of the plane till, to hold the "Cased" planes.  

Biggest problem is where to stash all of these...

Sizes range from 3" up to that 12" square.....

Will be a "Work-in-Progress" for a few days.    Anyone want to stop by and help out?
Set up a Temp-Housing Area for 6 combo squares..

While they wait on their own rack to be glued up..

Need to cut one more spacer.   A rack for the other squares is glued up..

Space for 9 squares to call home....will drill countersunk holes through the thicker parts, so this can hang up.  

Rack that had the spare chisels, that USED to be in the door.....

Is being glued to the backside of the main chisel rack in back of the tool well..

Need to shuffle the planes around in the til.....

Stay tuned..
Ok...rack has been installed....drilled..

Installed and test fitted with the longest square..

That showed I needed that backer strip...next test fit?

Discovered I needed some form of handle support, so...

And, I can still just lift out any square i need to. 

Rack for the Combo Squares, is now awaiting glue to dry...

Was getting tired of having to remove a c clamp, just to get out a hand drill..so

The strip I used to clamp there, was given a "pivot" screw.   For the other end, a longer screw was used...

So, when the "keeper" is swung around into place, it rest just behind the head of that screw....Also. I added some hammers to this door...

2 smaller hammers on the edge of the door...then..

2 more claw hammers were hung up...gives me three, but who's counting..

Next? It involves this mess...

Needs to be sorted through, trimmed down for the new location..and loaded back up

Stay tuned..
Ok...that red rack? 

Was emptied out, taken off this wall....contents laid out on the bench....super long screwdrivers were sent away, and all with broken or plastic handles...which left..

This odd-ball assortment..first batch?
Punches and the like have their own drawer to go to..the 3 pliers tend to come in handy, now and then...Red Handle is a saw file, next?

Motley assortment...mostly Irwins?

Some fancier handles..and..

These stubbies.   The 2 marking gauges will also head to the rack's new location..

Trimmed down to fit this space...Everything is now in this rack...above the rack?

Added 2 smaller saws, to go with the Disston No.4 Backsaw, 4 coping saws, and that D-8 Panel saw...above this mess is also a speedsquare, and 2 "Church Keys"....

And.....the doors will still close up..

Even got a start on some shelves, today....well, just one...

Had to cut a notch, to allow the plane til door to swing open...one shelf done, might get 2 or three more?

Stay tuned...

Attached Files Image(s)

A rack to hold the shop's combo squares..

Heck of a fight to get it installed, today.....needed to add that keeper...

As the 2 smaller ones wanted to run off and hide...and tried to take the others along....may get a magnetic strip to set above the the rack, and behind the 6 blades.

Right side is almost done...

And the left door is filling up...which leaves...

The Big Empty....hmmmm..
Stay tuned...
Looking good.  With the speed you acquire tools, I'm sure you will fill that blank spot pretty quickly.
I thought this was a parody thread.