Sawstop and molding head.
I have a SS cabinet saw and would like to use my craftsman molding head.  I do have the dado module but the molding head is smaller.  I have not tried using the bypass at all.  Will the bypass allow the saw to work? 

TIA.  I haven't had the SS a year yet so I am still learning.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
(02-13-2022, 08:53 PM)John Mihich Wrote: I have a SS cabinet saw and would like to use my craftsman molding head.  I do have the dado module but the molding head is smaller.  I have not tried using the bypass at all.  Will the bypass allow the saw to work? 

TIA.  I haven't had the SS a year yet so I am still learning.

My guess is you will get the error code "adjust position of brake cartridge".  The bypass option is only available after the saw does a self check. You won't even be able to try the bypass.
Nope, it won't work......
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Yup, no can do.

I read somewhere about a hack using tin foil to fool the cartridge.

I don't recommend it!
Thanks guys. I guess I will be putting the head up for sale. Did use it a lot but did like it.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.