Concrete Patching/Repair?
I've got some concrete steps that are losing chunks of concrete:

Any suggestions for a product to patch/fill these areas?  And perhaps something to seal the concrete to prevent further erosion?

As always, thanks for the much appreciated advice.

Attached Files Image(s)

I'd expect fully half of the steps here in Nebraska City are like that to varying degrees.  I'm going to have mine replaced this spring because they're too far gone.  Yours look great in comparison.
How far do you want to go with it? Your sidewalk is definitely moving. I'm assuming you are in an area where you get freeze/ thaw? If not, then you've got subgrade issues but that looks like freeze/ thaw to me. From what I see all your issues are caused by differential movement. I don't see anything spalled out so bad that I would worry about patching. Whatever you do, you don't want to lock everything together- doesn't matter what you use to patch it will most likely crack again in the same spot.

What I would do if this was mine (and I can borrow a quickie saw from work but if you can't get your hands on one a skillsaw with diamond blade or angle grinder with same would work in a pinch)

-saw out the top (horizonal) portion of the step where it meets the bad pie shaped piece. Just saw it back enough to get a clean vertical edge. 
-clean up cracks in step sides with kerf from angle grinder (or not) as much as you can to try to square them up (for appearance only).  
-patch the toe kick (or not) but anything you can do to keep water out would help. Same with that bad corner. If you're going to patch, get down to sound concrete. Ping it with a hammer (or chain), bad concrete makes a thud, sound concrete has a bounce/ ring when you hit it.
-Demo and re-pour the pie shaped sidewalk piece, but put a 1/2"+/- foam joint between the sidewalk and step (make sure you don't lock the sidewalk into the step, let them move independently)
- for the cracks/ joints Sika makes a self leveling joint sealer (like caulk for concrete) that you can buy at most HD stores. It is pretty runny so plan on using a lot or get some backer rod or something to keep it from running into the crevices. I've used this a bunch and it holds up well. I would put it up against anything the pro's use for this application.
- for patching, the stuff they sell at the home centers is OK. Not great, but OK. If you want to go the extra mile, go to a concrete plant and they usually sell a pro grade patch mix and probably a sealer that is better than the home center stuff. If you don't have anything close, you can find something on-line. I don't have a recommendation for a patch, although I would probably just use quick-crete patch from the big box. Same with the sealer, but I would not use a sealer from the home center. They pretty much all suck.
- I might consider an epoxy coating for the steps (like what they use to do garage floors). It won't match your sidewalk, but it would give you some good protection.
-Whether you use a sealer or epoxy I'd probably broadcast some fine sand on the steps so they are not too slippery

Whatever you do you're on the right track- anything you can do to keep the water out will help.
First I would power wash the steps to get rid of dirt and mold along with loose pieces.   Then as suggested use a patching that has adhesive in it or separate concrete adhesive to repair and fill, but before you put the flexible caulk use a concrete resurfacer.     Then caulk.   I have had the quickcrete resurfacer down on steps for over 8 years with no signs of any deterioration and it is exposed to the rain, snow and ice.  With no additional sealing.   Quick Crete product is now called Re Cap.   Home Depot carries it.   Roly
Thanks.  Yes, we get a lot of freeze/thaw over the winters.  This past winter has been terrible.  I'll see what I can do with the advice below when we get into spring.

It looks to me like you are losing a previous repair/overlay on both the steps and the pie shaped section of walk above them. The steps appear to also be badly cracked. I suggest you replace both with a new pour.
Looks like repair after repair to me. Sometimes it's just time to replace instead of more repair attempts.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay