Forstner Bit stuck
In an impact driver chuck. I know I should not have tried that. But now I have a Rigid impact driver that's useless unless I can get that bit out with out using a very big hammer. 
Smirk

Any suggestions?

Jim
Jim
I would try to reverse the drill / impact that should free the stuck bit while trying to reverse drill into a piece of scrap.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
(02-14-2022, 05:07 PM)lift mechanic Wrote: I would try to reverse the drill / impact that should free the stuck bit while trying to reverse drill into a piece of scrap.

Assuming it is a 3-jaw chuck and that LM's solution does not work on the first try, put the driver with the bit in the freezer for an hour. Pull it out and immediately try LM's solution again.

If that still does not work, let it come to room temp and use an inverted can of dry air to get the shaft of the bit (not the chuck) as cold as you can and try again.

If none of that works, tell us the exact model Rigid impact driver and chuck that you are dealing with and someone might have better ideas.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Please clarify. All of the impact drivers I have seen have a "chuck" that takes a hex shaft, not round as a three finger chuck. This includes Ridgid. And, to release a tool all you need to do is pull back on the spring loaded release collar. I have never heard of one of these jamming like the three finger chucks can. If you have a forstner bit with a hex shaft, you could have put it into an impact driver, and that should cause no harm. Pulling back on the release collar should release it.

Is there such a thing as an impact driver with a drill like three finger chuck?
If the impact kicked in while you were drilling you more than likely flared the bottom of the bit shank a bit. Try squeezing the impact driver into a vise and have someone hold the bit release back while you grab the bit shank with a pliers and pull the bit out.
(02-14-2022, 06:47 PM)Willyou Wrote: Please clarify. All of the impact drivers I have seen have a "chuck" that takes a hex shaft, not round as a three finger chuck. This includes Ridgid. And, to release a tool all you need to do is pull back on the spring loaded release collar. I have never heard of one of these jamming like the three finger chucks can. If you have a forstner bit with a hex shaft, you could have put it into an impact driver, and that should cause no harm. Pulling back on the release collar should release it.

Is there such a thing as an impact driver with a drill like three finger chuck?

Like you I am a little puzzled with the question.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Similar thing happened to my son and his Makita.  sweensdv2 is probably correct.  My son broke the shaft flush with the chuck and the fix (Makita Service) was not cheap.

Good luck.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
When one of my guys put an auger bit in the impact gun, I said; "There's a drill in the bag, the impact's for driving screws." 
He pointed to the tip of the bit and asked; "What does that look like?"
O.k., I have to agree that the cordless impact is easier than a cordless drill. (But neither comes close to a 120v Milwaukee right angle drill.)
So just this past weekend I drilled a few 5/8" holes for rough wiring and the bit got stuck. I needed to use a screwdriver to pry out the retainer to free the bit. I use 18v DeWalts and the bit retaining ring has to be pulled outward to release the bit. Although it did pull out a little, I knew from experience that it usually pulls out more. This might be your problem as well.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Unless everyone is miss reading the question, this is stuck in the impact gun not the drill. So if you can pull back or slide forward the knurled nob while pushing or pulling on the bit while it is held in a vice should free it.