How to "gut" Unisaw?
(02-19-2022, 10:10 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Serial number decodes to 1963.  Thought it was older than that
Laugh
Laugh

Now to catch a warm day and repaint it.

Haven't had a Unisaw, but my first piece of old iron was a Delta-Rockwell 6" jointer made in 1958; same age as me.  I always thought that was neat.  I gave that to my son-in-law last month after I went bigger to an 8" DJ-20.

Also have a 1962-born Delta-Rockwell Super 990 turret style RAS that I cleaned up and put back in service.

I love those old machine with new paint on them.  I might do something with the paint on the DJ-20.  Do you think painted flames would be be a little "over the top"?  
Big Grin
Big Grin
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
RClark: your mentioned painted flames. Back in the last century, I saw a photo of rebuilt Uni-saw with flames painted above the cleanout hatch. Another one had a candy apple red cabinet with white pin striping. Both were owned by 1950's hot rod car buffs.