How to "gut" Unisaw?
Picked up an older Unisaw off Craigslist for a killer price.  No wings or fence but it ran and blade goes up and down.

But blade won't lean over so I'm pulling the mechanism to see what needs to be done to get it working.

Problem is to pull it the cranks have to be pulled --how are they secured????

Or do you just pull the wheels off each shaft and wiggle it out?

Going to do some more searching for diagrams, etc. but I know some folks here have done the same thing and might know the best way to do it.

Thanks
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Been a long time, but I think there are pins or set screws involved. Probably better to ask over on owwm.
WT -- head over to YouTube and do a search on "clean out delta unisaw".  There are quite a few vids available of course, some are better than others.

The first vid that popped up is a Four part series on cleaning and restoring an old Unisaw that was done by Popular Woodworking ( Link )

If I understand your question, the handles on the older Delta tools I've owned were secured with set screws that required hex keys to loosen remove.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
You can probably fix the tilt with just the top removed.  You will have good access to the mechanism and odds are it is just caked up with sawdust. A little cleaning and a lube and it will probably work

But as others have said there is a pin or set screw in the handle, I can't remember without looking at mine. You may need a puller to pull the handle off. They can get really stuck on there.
I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight kayaks

Thanks for the Youtube link.  Made things a lot easier.  Wheels came off with little fuss.

But I can't find them doing the part I need help with
Rolleyes

Trying to remove the mechanism with both shafts in place is a problem.

Gonna watch them again and see if I missed something. 
Laugh

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
Check over at Owwm.org for help.  There's been a lot of Unisaws rebuilt over the years there and I doubt you'll have something that someone else has not already encountered.
Good Luck.
Got it apart.  Trick is to keep wiggling until it decides to come out.
Rolleyes
Rolleyes

Seems to have been worked on before.  Bevel wheel shaft is damaged which is why it wouldn't turn.  I'll hunt for a replacement -- the one I got out needs a lot of work to go back in.

But no fatal damage, just rust and crud
Big Grin

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
Cool.  Glad it's working out.  Putting old machines back into service is a neat feeling.  Any idea how old that machine is?
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Regarding set screws, my 1960’s era Unisaw, had them doubled, one on-top the other. Bought that saw in 2004, used, so it could have been by owner. My same era Delta HD shaper only had one set screw.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(02-15-2022, 07:26 PM)R Clark Wrote: Cool.  Glad it's working out.  Putting old machines back into service is a neat feeling.  Any idea how old that machine is?

Serial number decodes to 1963.  Thought it was older than that
Laugh
Laugh

Now to catch a warm day and repaint it.

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)