Posting images via a URL
In the past, it was very easy to share a photo here via the image's URL.

I can insert the image URL, and it appears fine on the preview, but when I actually post, only the URL path appears vs the image itself.

Has something changed in recent months?

Case in point:
[Image: bill-murray-you-suck.jpg]
[Image: feb-2022---blood-mary.jpg?h=300&w=780&la...936F0906C3]

14th button from the left is "Insert an image"

Left click on button, paste URL of pic where it says URL:

Get pic url by right-clicking on image and select "copy image link"
that may vary by OS, browser, and web host of the pic.

Some web hosts block linking to the pics on their site.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Ah ha!!!  I fixed it!!!  I must've modified my profile a while back to make it more work friendly with the NSFW posts in the basement.  I had this feature disabled and all the images did in fact appear as URLs, but now I can see the pics as intended. Whew. Thought I was losing my mind.

Otherwise, folks' posts were looking like this to me, and driving me nuts:

That's what I'm getting regarding not seeing pictures, but I don't have that option (or the next check box for videos) in my settings. Any idea why?

Tyler
Ok, interestingly, to see those other check boxes, you have to change the "board style" in "Other Options" from "MyBB GoMobile" to "WoodNET Forums".

Tyler
(02-22-2022, 05:54 PM)Cian Wrote: Ah ha!!!  I fixed it!!!  I must've modified my profile a while back to make it more work friendly with the NSFW posts in the basement.  I had this feature disabled and all the images did in fact appear as URLs, but now I can see the pics as intended. Whew. Thought I was losing my mind.

THANK YOU.

and seventeen