random orbital sander
JEEZE. Don't let that thing near any plywood for a project. That type of sander clearly has a use for heavy material removal. I don't remember last time I needed to hog off that much with a sander.

Thanks for all the input folks, I feel pretty good that my original question was answered and I don't have a need for one of these $250+ sanders, yet.
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
"JEEZE. Don't let that thing near any plywood for a project. That type of sander clearly has a use for heavy material removal. I don't remember last time I needed to hog off that much with a sander."

Yeah, I would not use it in turbo mode on plywood, especially thin veneer hardwood plywood. Regular mode would probably be fine, there is a huge difference. I wanted this one to replace a belt sander for home improvement projects and possibly refinishing projects. I hate putting my "good" sander through abuse for home improvement projects.

I don't think I would like this sander for finish sanding either. My other Bosch is easier to keep level for that.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
(02-22-2022, 11:30 PM)lincmercguy Wrote: My GET75 from Acme arrived today. It seems to work fine, but I wouldn't want it to be my only sander. This will be for rough sanding or refinish sanding. 

The turbo mode really hogs off the material. Make sure you install the second handle for that mode.

This tool about a minute with 60 grit paper.

Dust collection isn't perfect, but works pretty well. The Bosch port fits the Festool hose, which works for me.

Unless you vacuumed after sanding but before the pic - I’d say dust collection is pretty darn considering turbo mode + 60 grit.
"Unless you vacuumed after sanding but before the pic - I’d say dust collection is pretty darn considering turbo mode + 60 grit."

I did vacuum the dust before the picture. I would say it picked up 80-90% while sanding. My vac is a CT Mini. I won't complain about that for the price.
(02-23-2022, 11:41 PM)lincmercguy Wrote: "Unless you vacuumed after sanding but before the pic - I’d say dust collection is pretty darn considering turbo mode + 60 grit."

I did vacuum the dust before the picture. I would say it picked up 80-90% while sanding. My vac is a CT Mini.  I won't complain about that for the price.

That’s plenty respectable for the type sander and grit.
"That’s plenty respectable for the type sander and grit."

Absolutely. I usually sand on a downdraft table when possible anyway.

My only complaint about using Bosch equipment with my festool vac is that the cord doesn't swap on the tool end like a festool. My only Festool tools besides the vac are a Domino and a track saw.
(02-24-2022, 01:18 PM)lincmercguy Wrote: "That’s plenty respectable for the type sander and grit."

Absolutely. I usually sand on a downdraft table when possible anyway.

My only complaint about using Bosch equipment with my festool vac is that the cord doesn't swap on the tool end like a festool. My only Festool tools besides the vac are a Domino and a track saw.

If you're handy (and committed) you can add a plug-it socket to many non festool tools.
I could handle swapping those in. But for the price, I'll just live with the regular cords.
(02-25-2022, 10:24 AM)lincmercguy Wrote: I could handle swapping those in. But for the price, I'll just live with the regular cords.

really ?    

They are all $10-$15.   Which I guess is expensive for what it is, but not in the grand scheme of things.

Considering a made in China plug end to repair a broken extension cord cord costs 5 bucks at the depot, the FT part doesn't seem outa line.
"They are all $10-$15. Which I guess is expensive for what it is, but not in the grand scheme of things."

The ones I found were $50/ea. Have a link to something cheaper?