"Philodendron"
Hello everyone here's my latest piece Philodendron
This Segmented piece was made from Teak, it was first turned on the lathe and finished at 7"x 9" tall. After turning the hand carving began and then pyrography for shading the coloring was done with Alcohol Inks and the final finish is satin lacquer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Amazing, simply amazing!
Bruce, why did you choose Teak?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(02-18-2022, 08:20 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: Amazing, simply amazing!
Bruce, why did you choose Teak?

Thank you Bill  Part of this was a older piece I turned when I first started turning, it was very thick so I put it back on the lathe and added segmented rings to get my form. Also Teak carves and sands very nice and is very different to turn, If you ever get a chance to turn some you should give it a go.
well done.

Why did you do it segmented instead of one piece?  For the stability?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(02-18-2022, 02:19 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: well done.

Why did you do it segmented instead of one piece?  For the stability?
Thank you Arlin, this was a redo a save of an old piece I made when starting turning, and I would not have a solid chunk that size in Teak anyway.
Your work and carving just keeps getting better and better. Excellent!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(02-18-2022, 05:08 PM)AHill Wrote: Your work and carving just keeps getting better and better.  Excellent!

plus a bunch
Yes
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(02-18-2022, 09:21 PM)iclark Wrote: plus a bunch
Yes

Thank you.
(02-18-2022, 05:08 PM)AHill Wrote: Your work and carving just keeps getting better and better.  Excellent!

Thank you so much.