Homemade Dust Sentry
Quite a while back there was a discussion about making a homemade version of the Oneida Dust Sentry.  I found the thread but cannot access one of the links with the wiring diagram.  Does anyone have information about where that wiring diagram can be found?
(02-18-2022, 04:34 PM)BrentDH Wrote: Quite a while back there was a discussion about making a homemade version of the Oneida Dust Sentry.  I found the thread but cannot access one of the links with the wiring diagram.  Does anyone have information about where that wiring diagram can be found?

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks wit. I assume those two wires that go off to the right are gnd on the top and +12v on the bottom?
Your assumption is correct.

Bill
I posted this circuit diagram here several years ago, so it may be the one the OP was referring to. My oldest friend is an electronics wizzard. He designed and built this switch circuit for my ClearVue cyclone. The circuit performs two functions as follows:

1. The cyclone on/off is conrolled by low voltage magnetic "reed" switches at each blast gate. Opening the gate turns on the cyclone. Closing the gate turns it off. The switches are wired in parallel, so the cyclone is on as long as any gate is open, I.E., multiple gates can be open at one time and the cyclone runs unil the last one is closed. The "reed" switches are zero maintenance, inexpensive magnetic switches used in home securtity systems to trigger an alarm when a door or window is opened. They are available online from Amazon and elsewhere. https://www.amazon.com/VictorsHome-Magne...03&sr=8-13
They come with magnets, but I used small rare earth magnets from Lee Valley because they worked better with my blast gate design.

2. The circuit includes a photo-electric bin sensor that shuts the cyclone off when the bin fills to the top. The Banner light source sends a beam across the inlet opening of the dust bin. The beam is received by a Banner sensor located opposite the light source to complete the circuit. When the chips fill up the bin, they block the light beam and break the circuit, triggering a relay that shuts off the cyclone. It works perfectly. Turn off the system by closing the blast gate(s), empty the bin and go back to work. Easy.

The to functions are separable - they can be wired in and used indpenendently or together. The parts are listed at the bottom of the circuit diagram. My system has been working flawlessly for over ten years. Hope this helps.

[Image: 51908235959_bdfc16c2a9_h.jpg]63283DC0-60C6-490E-A66E-9A8A9BDBB27E by Hank Knight, on Flickr
HK used a light sensor with a light source ... I believe the OP is using a proximity sensor ...
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP