Leigh Dovetail Router Bits
Hi all,

I need to replace 2 of my Leigh router bits. I need the # 101 and #120 for 3/4" stock. Where's the best place to buy them? Which brand is best? Looking for good quality. I need to route a lot of hard maple drawers.

Thanks

Mike
Whiteside makes good bits. I've used Leigh, LV, and Whiteside. They're all pretty good, not enough difference for me to recommend one over the other. But, the 8mm shank bits work better if you have a 1/2" collet router and buy the 8mm adapter. Hartville Tool sells the Leigh bits by Whiteside individually, as do some other sites, but I'd get the Whiteside from Hartville Tool.
I agree with the Whiteside choice, they are now my go-to bit manufacturer. That said, there are other choices like Freud and some others. But Whiteside would still be my first choice. I also agree with the 8mm shank suggestion. In my case i found an 8mm collet for my router, but if I recall the Leigh jig comes with an 8mm split ring adapter.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(02-18-2022, 05:19 PM)ajkoontz Wrote: Whiteside makes good bits. I've used Leigh, LV, and Whiteside. They're all pretty good, not enough difference for me to recommend one over the other. But, the 8mm shank bits work better if you have a 1/2" collet router and buy the 8mm adapter. Hartville Tool sells the Leigh bits by Whiteside individually, as do some other sites, but I'd get the Whiteside from Hartville Tool.

Thanks, I did not think of Hartville Tool. They had them sorted by Leigh's numbering system and made it easy. Ordered and standing by the front door for the delivery. 
Yes
(02-18-2022, 04:37 PM)Mike 55 Wrote: Hi all,

I need to replace 2 of my Leigh router bits. I need the # 101 and #120 for 3/4" stock. Where's the best place to buy them? Which brand is best? Looking for good quality. I need to route a lot of hard maple draws.

Thanks

Mike

Mike?

The word is "drawers" not "draws"....that is unless you're playing cards. 
Smile
Dumber than I appear
Reminds me of the old joke about the realtor trying to sell a Southern belle on buying a home: "This is a house without a flaw!" "Then what do y'all stand on?"