a wood to contrast with QSWO
Do a search of the FWW magazine archives. I think it is issue #211–Mar/April 2010 where they did a good article on how to use contrasting woods. This might be helpful to you.
My favorite light/dark combinations with white oak are wenge or mahogany.
Wenge might be a bit too much dark if it is for a panel, but mahogany(veneer) would work well.
here's an example of qswo and black walnut for a desk top - unfinished - but i did rub some dna in the second pic to show how it might look
jc

Attached Files Image(s)

The white oak/walnut combo gives more contrast than I imagined. I shared the pic with the client to see if he likes it. I'm also really liking the look of sycamore. The problem is that I can't readily get it where I am in N. Minnesota. Does anyone have suggestions where I could get some?
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
I can’t speak of your area but I would check the smaller mom and pop sawyers. Sycamore trees are everywhere in the KC area. A tree trimmer friend of mine drops a lot of them.