Wood ID
Ive been trying to ID this particular floor board! It is located in an old central  east michigan barn near Lake Huron. It’s reddish brown in color very hard to cut and dense. I took photos with phone and xylorix after sanding and cleaning. I am also looking for someone who IDs wood I can send samples too outside of aldens which is a great company but I’d prefer something more economical with the amount of samples we would let to have identified. Thanks for your time and appreciate the help.

Attached Files Image(s)

(02-19-2022, 03:53 PM)Jax1290 Wrote: Ive been trying to ID this particular floor board! It is located in an old central  east michigan barn near Lake Huron. It’s reddish brown in color very hard to cut and dense. I took photos with phone and xylorix after sanding and cleaning. I am also looking for someone who IDs wood I can send samples too outside of aldens which is a great company but I’d prefer something more economical with the amount of samples we would let to have identified. Thanks for your time and appreciate the help.

Check the FPL site.  Used to be they dis that kind of thing.

Grab the handbook while you're there. https://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/fplgt...gtr113.htm
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.