Planner knives
Asking for a friend. He is looking for a source of disposable planner knives for a 100 Powermatic 12 inch planner. Any help would be appreciated. I think they are double sided, 

Thanks ,

Tom
Here's what comes up on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/12-HSS-Planer-Bla...B002ODEGE2
$62.48 M2 high speed steel

I'd check with Holbren, the Amazon knives above are straight 12" X 7/8" X 1/8" I've seen reference to segmented knives in the Powermatic 100, the Amazon knives are straight and are not disposable. Some sort of aftermarket head? I'm sure somebody who knows more than me will be along.
PM-100 did not use disposable knives. They were meant to be resharpened and reused.  So not sure anyone makes a disposable blade.
I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight kayaks

The only disposable knives with which I am familiar is Dewalt. My 735 used double sided 13" blades. 
'Bay has a multitude of inexpensive blades, (at least for 15" version it did)...Ended up with 3 new blades at $25, shipped, plus tax...M2 steel...
Yes, I am finding out the same thing on the knives. I guess I will have to out what he has to say.

Tom
(02-21-2022, 09:42 AM)brianwelch Wrote: The only disposable knives with which I am familiar is Dewalt. My 735 used double sided 13" blades. 
'Bay has a multitude of inexpensive blades, (at least for 15" version it did)...Ended up with 3 new blades at $25, shipped, plus tax...M2 steel...

Even disposable blades can be sharpened a couple to few times before their life comes to an end. After two resharpening, my knives are still acceptable.

You just need a water stone and a simple jig. Check out the Fine Woodworking issue 282 tip column on how to do it.

Simon
Did you try Holbren? They are very responsive if you call or email. Good folks to deal with, they know what they're talking about and quality of knives they sell is very good IMO.
I found the answer at dispozablade.com. I was so impressed that I inquired about changing over my jointer to their system. 

Anyway thanks for all your help.

Tom