Brother took the Tool to the Work
About 10 years ago I fixed up some Millers Falls No. 14's for a couple of my brothers.   I don't have the finished pictures, but I still have a picture of making walnut rear totes for them:

My brother in Tennessee was just blown away by what a sharpened hand plane could do.   He uses that No. 14 a lot as he fixes stuff around his house.

Lately he was working on a fireplace-surround.  He sent me a picture.  The plaster wall has deviations as great as 1/8" from "flatness", so he had to adopt the wood to the plaster's contours.  With some well-planned shaves, he got it tight enough to "look like it's growing out of the wall".   He's happy!

Happy Woodworking!

Chris
Chris
Good education there!
(02-20-2022, 11:09 AM)C. in Indy Wrote: About 10 years ago I fixed up some Millers Falls No. 14's for a couple of my brothers.   I don't have the finished pictures, but I still have a picture of making walnut rear totes for them:

My brother in Tennessee was just blown away by what a sharpened hand plane could do.   He uses that No. 14 a lot as he fixes stuff around his house.

Lately he was working on a fireplace-surround.  He sent me a picture.  The plaster wall has deviations as great as 1/8" from "flatness", so he had to adopt the wood to the plaster's contours.  With some well-planned shaves, he got it tight enough to "look like it's growing out of the wall".   He's happy!

Happy Woodworking!

Chris

You must be the older brother.  I do things like that for my younger brother.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Hi Arlin,

Actually, I'm the baby boy,  but -- Thanks Be -- we all get along and we do things for each other!    And each time we're probably also thinking of our late Dad.

Chris
Chris