Record 9 1/2 issues
I am trying to get a local business going for knife sharpening and handle repair, etc. I found my Stanley 140 which I had Ron Hock make a blade for. Sometime ago with too much scotch I bought a record 9 1/2 and put a Hock blade on it. I know the iron is sharp as I touched it up. Trying to get this POS working is really taking a toll on the cabinet. Hello Delivery !! This plane is taking way too much of my retired time to work properly. Any Hints ?? Maybe better scotch will work. The 140 works fine with minimal tuning so I'll keep it. But if a member wants to buy my Record I'm open to  bids. $30 min plus shipping.
Cheers
You're going to need to be more specific about what's wrong if we're to provide much help. Pics would help as well.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
So...just how did the OEM iron work?   Maybe sharpen THAT up, and try again?
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
plus this is not the S&S selling forum.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.