My CNC Arrived
(03-18-2022, 11:59 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Looks like you're ready to roll.  Those ridges on the sides of the spoil board aren't a bad thing.  You can use them for part alignment.  I actually added a fence back on the left side of my spoil board so I can register plywood panels against it when cutting nested parts.  The ledge in the back, however, is not helpful.  You should be able to route it flush with a handheld router and simple jig.  But you are right, 1F could do a better job in helping customers in how to go about installing a spoil board.  

FWIW, I find the dowel pins extremely useful in making sure parts are square on the spoil board.  The grid pattern, on the other hand, has been of no value so far.  Maybe its utility will reveal itself as time goes on.  

Glad to hear the DC boot works well.  I've had no issues with the stock Suck-it Pro boot that weren't of my own making.  It does a good job of capturing the dust, just with my shop vac, and I like that I can see what the bit is doing.  

So, what's on your project list with it?  

John

Good idea on the jig to flatten out the ledge.  I was thinking of removing it and cutting off the excess but that would probably mean re flattening the spoilboard

I'll do something simple.  My sister asked me to build a simple stool for her dog to be able to get onto the bed.  I was gonna do it using regular tools but will give the cnc a try.  Alot of friends and family also want sports teams carved so that will be next.
(03-18-2022, 12:38 PM)Juss1 Wrote: Good idea on the jig to flatten out the ledge.  I was thinking of removing it and cutting off the excess but that would probably mean re flattening the spoilboard

I'll do something simple.  My sister asked me to build a simple stool for her dog to be able to get onto the bed.  I was gonna do it using regular tools but will give the cnc a try.  Alot of friends and family also want sports teams carved so that will be next.

Those will be good learning projects.  I'm looking to make a knock down stool using dog bone mortises and tenons cut on the CNC.  

John

Nothing fancy on the wires. The 2 Y go through the table. The router power goes up the dust collection. X and Z are in a loop on the side of the table. Everything pinned down and secure.
My first attempt at 3D carving.  Design not mine.

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-01-2022, 05:11 PM)Juss1 Wrote: My first attempt at 3D carving.  Design not mine.

Nice carve on a beautiful piece of wood.  Just amazing what these machines will do.  

John