Blade cleaning
Can’t do 14” blades but MicroJig’s BladeClean is my go to.
I work for MicroJig, so I have had this for nearly 2 years now. 
I use Simple Green, cut 1 to 1 with water. 
Cleans an old cruddy blade after a short soak, and keeping blades clean regularly literally takes 30 seconds.

The liquid stays in the unit so you are always ready to clean.

Here is my review video, completed before I became a MicroJig employee.

Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Nice looking unit Ralph, and nice job demonstrating it. Might be a stretch at $99 from Amazon.

Doug
I use 409 and a cheap oil change pan from the auto parts store.
Let it soak for a bit, brass brush and removes the build up on the blade.
I ran a 10 inch table saw blade in the dishwasher last night. I liked the results better than what I got after running the bandsaw blade. On the table saw blade, pitch disappeared and the carbide tips appeared polished. It will go back on the saw with nothing more than a waxing.

The bandsaw blade result is sill considered promising. Next time I will take it out of the dishwasher, put it back on the machine and spin it in reverse by hand while holding a dry Scotch Brite pad against it. After that I will do the same with a bit of wax on a rag.

Writing about waxing saw blades reminds me of a recent tip I'm fairly impressed with. Forget about a  blob of soft wax on a rag - burnish everything with wax paper! That's probably what I'll be doing with my blades.
I don't want to brag, but some of my wood is on its 2nd or 3rd project!
(03-05-2022, 08:31 AM)handi Wrote: Can’t do 14” blades but MicroJig’s BladeClean is my go to.
I work for MicroJig, so I have had this for nearly 2 years now. 
I use Simple Green, cut 1 to 1 with water. 
Cleans an old cruddy blade after a short soak, and keeping blades clean regularly literally takes 30 seconds.

The liquid stays in the unit so you are always ready to clean.

Here is my review video, completed before I became a MicroJig employee.

$100 
Confused LOL 

We can always count on you to SPAM the forum. 
Laugh
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP