Scrap Pile Refugees
Bandit, how many boxes have you built in the last few months?  I tried to visualize where I could store 10 or 12 boxes...that's not easy.

But you have inspired to build a box for my collection of quality paint brushes.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Well, I used to have a large pile of scraps in the shop....was putting to use the best looking pieces of that mob.  35gal Trash can is now filled to the rim....and headed for the burn pit, when the March winds will allow for outdoor burning. 

Have a family friend who considers Hobby Lobby to be a second home.....will see what she can "craft" with these last 2 boxes.  

Headed to the shop in a bit, to see how that second coat of shellac turned out....

2 boxes, all from scraps, two different joinery techniques.  Just a way to practice both styles, and keep my skills (such as they are) tuned up.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
PIP of the box #2..

Front view...with a spot for a fingernail to lift the lid..

Not quite as showy as Box #1,  but, no slouch, either..

Yep, even added handles on the ends.   Nice, showy Finger Joints.   reverse those colours, and it resembles a building made in The Netherlands....

Will see IF this will need a 3rd coat....otherwise, calling it done.

Thanks for looking in!
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that