exact 90 miter guage
Interesting.. Pricey..  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGFfAe9qk7A
That doesn't look any better than my Incra knock-off with a sliding wood extensioon attached. If I'm concerned about making a precision cut, I just check it for square before making the cut. It usually is. However, I admit, I only infrequently cut large heavy panels on the table saw.
Woodpecker's pricing, for sure.  I've never been impressed with any miter gage for precision cuts.  I much prefer a miter sled with two runners.  

John
From what I have seen ( my opinion) is that  most of what woodpecker puts out is over prices and gimmicky. But they do a great job of advertising. They do a great job of convincing you that you need what they are selling to be able to do the kind of work that you are entitled to. The red color is also attractive to the eye. Again just my opinion but I think that there are a lot of newer types of miter gages out there that are just as good for a lot less money.

Tom
Someone on a FB group was asking about buying a stair tread measuring jig by Woodpecker.
(02-25-2022, 06:13 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: From what I have seen ( my opinion) is that  most of what woodpecker puts out is over prices and gimmicky. But they do a great job of advertising. They do a great job of convincing you that you need what they are selling to be able to do the kind of work that you are entitled to. The red color is also attractive to the eye. Again just my opinion but I think that there are a lot of newer types of miter gages out there that are just as good for a lot less money.

Tom

Someone on a FB group was asking about buying a stair tread measuring jig by Woodpecker. $300 for a jig you can easily in the shop is a really hard pill to swallow. Same for a single-purpose miter gauge. The discussion was split between buying it and making one. I guess it all comes down to how you want to spend your money. If you've got all the money in the world and the space to store everything, then why not?
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
WP's business model is like many others - create a following and money will come. Whether it's a product or service like Paul Sellers' channel or any of the youtube  contents, once you have developed a base, the product itself is attractive to enough people to generate money. Some may not see the value for such a price, others are happy to open their wallets.

The simplest solution for a dead square 90 degrees cut is to square the miter fence to the miter slot ---- NOT TO THE BLADE, as long as there's no play in the miter gauge.

Simon
I want an exact 90 degree miter, but the WP example doesn't look that great to me and it's too much.  I wonder if it's exactly some angle close to 90 degrees. And I don't see any reason for such a long bar on it either, much more likely to be whacked out of square at my house
I have the Osborne EB-3. I can set it to any angle and instantly reset to 90 degrees. 
The accuracy is as good as I can measure. 

Keep in mind that any 90 degree cut with a miter gauge pretty much is limited to a total width of about 12”, few saws have more room than that in front of the blade. 

I did an episode of Woodcademy TV accurizing my factory miter gauge and making an extendable auxiliary fence. 
I find myself using that one most of the time since it is very accurate and less cumbersome than the big Osborne.

https://www.woodcademy.com/season2/2019/...ge-upgrade
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
The Osborne is what I use and am very happy with the exactness. I check it for square every time, and it’s always correct. I like the way it can be locked into 5 degree increments. And easy enough to set at any other angle.
But for miters (picture frames), the miter sled is required. In theory the Osborne can be flipped around to cut the opposite side, but it takes a while to do it, then you have to undo it for the next cut.
Most of Woodpecker's merchandise is a little too rich for my blood, although I do have a couple of their products I've collected over the years. I use an Incra 1000SE for crosscuts and angles. Used it today for some 45 degree cuts on some trim pieces - dead on. I've found Incra products to be built to quality standards and their customer service has been excellent.

For panels I made one of those plywood panel sleds Norm used on his shows. Has the registration bar across the top of the sled rather than the bottom. After many, many years it's still dead on 90 degrees, even with the wooden miter bar - works for me.

Doug