Removing PVA Glue
Any suggestion on removing PVA glue from my Bessy Parallel clamps. Mine are old and with grinding off the bottom dimples to get the bottom clamp off.
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
I have a few of the original ones, and  did grind the dimple off. I was able t buy those black "feet" that serve as a stop from Bessey (this was some years ago) and after drilling the hole needed installed them. Anyway, try some heat to soften the glue and then use a wire brush to remove it. the glue should soften somewhere around 140-150º so the bar may be hot to the touch, wear gloves and use a heat gun to soften the glue.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have found that PVA glues can sometimes be softened with Denatured Alcohol. Take a rag saturated with it and let it sit for a while, keeping the wet with the DA. Then use a piece of hardwood scrap to knock it off. I use this method with Titebond type 3. Let me know how it works for you.
Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!   
Acetone works well but evaporates so fast. My Bessey clamps are really bad, I was thinking of buying pvc pipe, capping one end and filling with acetone to soak/submerge the rails (although I think acetone will soften the pvc because I believe PVC primer is acetone). Now I put wax paper over the rails when gluing but the damage is already done.
Thanks all for your advice.
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
I think acetone is a bit too strong; mild acids can be effective. I would try vinegar.
Have you thought about De-Glue Goo? I’ve not used it, but I’d try it for that purpose. I think it’s a gel form of vinegar.
I just scrub along the sides (avoiding the tops and bottoms) with an old scraper blade.

There is a fellow on YouTube who designed an apparatus using pvc pipe.

https://youtu.be/IH39f0qhuG4
A soft wire brush on an angle grinder makes quick work of removing glue.