SOLD…FS: Diefenbach Ultimate American Workbench, Bloomington IN
For sale: Diefenbach Ultimate American Workbench.

I bought this in 1998, original owner. Purchased based on recommendations in “Fine” Woodworking magazine. Strategic error on my part.

It’s not a great bench to be honest. It’s had a lot of issues from glue failures, wood movement, and generally sub par execution. Must have been Friday afternoon build after a six-beer lunch. See the huge gaping glue failure crack in the top for example. Dog holes gnawed out by a syphilitic beaver, looks like.

Roughly 8 feet overall length. Vises function well, and are decent pieces of hardware. Needs a tear down, clean up, and rebuild. Probably would be a great bench then, or just used as is for a potting bench, or in a Dexter kill room.

How much for this beauty, you ask? Five hundred bucks, today only. But, since you are a friend, and I’m a charitable guy, I’m going to let this puppy escape for 350 clams.

Local pickup in Bloomington Indiana, I’ll help load.

Images to follow…
https://postimg.cc/gallery/hJs3Wcc

I’m not having success posting individual images, sorry! Pics at link.
Nice Bench!

[Image: 0-BE85-D4-A-640-E-42-DA-950-E-A127-A25-F98-B9.jpg]" />
Holey moley that's a lot of bench! I doubt one could even buy the lumber to make a beast like that for the asking price.
Too bad it may have been beer-o-clock when they built it
Big Grin
Still a solid user for hand tool work. Wish I had the room.
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
Beautiful bench (albeit it with a few warts) at a very generous price! Good luck with the sale!

Doug

P.S. Any chance you could e-mail it to Montana? 
Laugh
Wow. Huge kickstart to a workbench build Or just roll with it.
Bump for the new week (17).

Doug
Tim in Indiana has first dibs, if he passes it’s still available. I’ll put it on eBay as well.
This would totally disrupt my plans to build my own bench once and for all.

More images...

[Image: 1-BC6-A95-A-A1-BC-4766-83-F5-C2-E181-C037-BB.jpg]

[Image: 86-A5789-E-3-F13-461-E-AF18-39-A3-DE91-AA6-C.jpg]

[Image: EC6337-D0-5-CD5-425-B-BF6-E-E833-BF50-A9-B5.jpg]

She's a beauty and this is a killer deal!
(03-08-2022, 11:37 AM)john jesseph Wrote: Tim in Indiana has first dibs, if he passes it’s still available. I’ll put it on eBay as well.

This is a good deal and I appreciate if you're holding it for a fellow woodnetter. But if you want it gone, I'd suggest putting it on FB. Gets way more traffic than this place. Not sure which site has more weirdos on it though.