Communal Shop Space.
A guy contacted me yesterday to kick around the idea of a communal shop space. Maybe 4-6 people to share machines and space. He wants some metalworking as well. I’ve got a bunch of ok machines that are idle, and nowhere to make things. It sounds like a potentially great idea, if we can work out the details on things like maintenance, upkeep, private tools vs open use, payment and purchase of consumables. Any thoughts?
I think it's a great idea with one caveat...the legal angle. Anymore folks can be sued for breathing air, so I'm maybe a little (over) wary of what might happen.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
There are others that have set up similar to the OP's thoughts, including at least one around here somewhere.  Might try contacting one or more and find out how they handle the concerns.  Just a thought.
I’d like to find out more about their experiences. I about never venture away from the hand tool forum and swap n sell, but I’ll try to do forum search as well.
https://www.youtube.com/c/BlacktailStudio

This woodworker has set up this site to find shops that will rent out their space or equipment.

https://makerbook.io/

It does appear to be not working for me when I put in 49423 for the zip code.

I was able to find this page that has the listings:
https://www.blacktailstudio.com/makerspace-database
There are at least two in the Dallas area.  A guy I know has great things to say about Dallas Makers Space.  I do not know any details but noticed they have dues...$60.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
We briefly discussed rental, but there’s too much risk involved. I’d rather keep it a shared private maker space. We have a “tool library” here, and I’m not sure how well that works.
Cam from Blacktail uses the tools of others when possible, especially the wide-belt sander. That's an industrial tool, but he did help set up a sort of tool availability exchange for local woodworkers. In my area, I can drive to a few places where other individuals (with the same tools I have) offer their stuff for a fee.

There are also community workshops, maker spaces, and things like that. These usually require membership and a monthly fee, and as multi-purpose shops (clay, fabric, metal, wood) they probably won't be more well-equipped than your average hobby enthusiast. But depending on your situation either option may work.
Not sure I can add anything but aside from the liability, which insurance to protect each member could take care of, my concern is trusting someone else to use and take care of my tools. I would be afraid I would show up and find my machine damage and no one seems to know how it happened.

I have given a good friend and a very talented (former) cabinet/furniture builder complete access to my shop and tools. Only thing I limit him on is my wood stash. But I have known him for years and know he knows how to use the machines and take care of them. If something breaks he will fix it or help me fix it.

If you have a good group of guys you can trust, that could be a really beneficial joining forces. I can see some real advantages. But the way society is going today I find it hard to trust strangers... heck I wouldn't trust some of my friends with my tools!
I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight kayaks

if you don't have the space & find 4 guys who could work the out details I think it's a great idea. Set up an LLC & have everyone be an equal share partner to avoid your personal liability. Biggest draw back I see is working out each individuals actual shop time & project storage. Unless you get a 1500-2000 sq ft shop 4 guys is going to get crowded.