Acrylic in cutting board
I inlaid a piece of acrylic in a cutting board and I am wondering if Howard Bucher Block Conditioner will adhere to the acrylic are should I use something else and what would that be?
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
(03-02-2022, 05:22 PM)Herb Wrote: I inlaid a piece of acrylic in a cutting board and I am wondering if Howard Bucher Block Conditioner will adhere to the acrylic are should I use something else and what would that be?

I doubt it will stick to the acrylic.  It would have to have varnish or shellac or something similar to stick.  It might leave a greasy film on it however.  Only one way to know.  

John
I agree with John. I probably won't. But I wonder if that matters. The conditioner is for the wood. The acrylic doesn't need it.
I would expect nothing you’d want on a cutting board to stick to the acrylic. However, I’m not a salad bowl finish or diluted oil poly guy for cutting boards. Paraffin or beeswax with mineral oil is what I like and what’s popular with many. If it’s luster you’re after in the acrylic, I’d try to polish it.