Bringing tools out of long term storage
This summer I move back to the US, and all my tools large and small will come out of storage.  It will be 4.5 years at that point.

I did what I could to prep them for storage (sucked out all the visible dust, cleaned everything, waxed the cast iron, and removed the tension off the belts).  The movers wrapped them in moving blankets and put them in crates.  The warehouse is just a large Indiana Jones type place.  I visited 2 years ago in January and it's not conditioned space considering there are huge doors open during business hours.

If they're rusty, they're rusty, but what am I facing regarding the electrical bits like the motors and switches?
Sounds like you did what you could do before storage. I am no expert but working on machinery for 42 years, the electrical on the machines and tools are not normally a problem. Grease what you can. Turn all machines by hand first, then plug them in and do a test run. Scotchbrite pads and WD-40 and a old sander will take care of most rust.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Also, keep in mind that white vinegar is a good inexpensive and environmentally friendly rust remover.
Unless some critter made it's home inside the tools and chewed on the wires, I think you'll have no worries about the electrical. The blankets have me wondering...my experience has been that some fabrics absorb moisture and hold it, if pressed against the cast iron it might be bad news...but that's something you are watching. Congrats on getting things back together in your shop!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I had my shop is storage for a couple of years.  The first 6 months was in a storage warehouse then in a spare bedroom in the apartment I had while looking for a house.  I did much like the OP has done, disassembling, waxing, lubing, removing belts etc. before going into storage.  When they came out, I lubed up everything I could then checking the removed the belts and spun the equipment by hand for a couple of minutes.  Once that was done with the belts still off, I ran each of the motors for about 5 minutes each.  Once that was done, I put the belts on and ran the machines for a couple of minutes.
All my tools came out fine.  So that's what worked for me.
I would plug them in and start using them. Then decide if there’s “set” in the belts that require replacing. I have bought machines that I know have sat longer than this and either they work, or they don’t.