Interesting domino substitute
(03-10-2022, 08:15 PM)barryvabeach Wrote: I saw a series of ads, usually on facebook, of the same thing, some of the  prices that were extremely low,  like around $30.  I think it is a scam.

100% agree.

Regardless of whether it works or not, price is too good to be true. And free shipping? 

Device is real, you can find it on other sites. I'd stay away from getting it from this vendor.
Funny thing is that the seller (link in OP's post) actually warns people about other cheaper offers, trying to make itself look legit. I'm more concerned about disclosing my cc info (plus my name,  address, phone # etc.) if I deal with some unknown party.

The 5 - 7 shipping delivery is of course a joke. More credible if it were an Amazon listing with seller/products located in NA.

Simon
(03-11-2022, 12:41 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Since you have never used a domino, I dont blame you for thinking that the plunge jig (that's what it is) could be a good substitute. It's like comparing a $400 Leigh dovetail jig to a $70 imported jig.

Simon

Nice try. What is a domino, when used for cutting 90 degree mortises in stock - a glorified biscuit cutter? If legit, we'll see how well it does.

Doug
Let me put it this way.

Production cabinetmakers (ie not amateurs) can use a dowel jig or biscuit joiner to build their pieces (and they probably did). Why would so many of them be so stupid to have spent 5 to 10 times more than a biscuit joiner on a domino machine?

These people need efficiency to build cabinets, chairs, doors etc.

The $50 plunge jig will satisfy the curious minds and people who want a mortise jig. That is fine. Youtube has videos showing how to make them out of wood. But it isn't a domino machine substitute.

Simon
(03-11-2022, 12:55 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Let me put it this way.

Production cabinetmakers (ie not amateurs) can use a dowel jig or biscuit joiner  to build their pieces (and they probably did). Why would so many of them be so stupid to have spent 5 to 10 times more than a biscuit joiner on a domino machine?

These people need efficiency to build cabinets, chairs, doors etc.

The $50 plunge jig will satisfy the curious minds and people who want a mortise jig. That is fine. Youtube has videos showing how to make them out of wood. But it isn't a domino machine substitute.

Simon

BTW, you can "put it" any way you like. You are also still welcome to your own opinion. Just remember the old saying about opinions..............

Like I said, if it's legit we'll see how it works out. If it never comes to fruition, Domino still has the curb on the market until their patent runs out.

Doug
(03-11-2022, 04:54 PM)Tapper Wrote: BTW, you can "put it" any way you like. You are also still welcome to your own opinion. Just remember the old saying about opinions..............

Like I said, if it's legit we'll see how it works out. If it never comes to fruition, Domino still has the curb on the market until their patent runs out.

Doug

Why state the obvious???
Confused

Every opinion expressed in this forum by anyone is welcome and is their own. Yours included.

Simon
(03-11-2022, 05:16 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Why state the obvious???
Confused

Every opinion expressed in this forum by anyone is welcome and is their own. Yours included.

Simon

Just thought a reminder was in order; don't know why you seem so surprised.

Doug
(03-11-2022, 11:14 PM)Tapper Wrote: Just thought a reminder was in order; don't know why you seem so surprised.

Doug

you seem to be _really_ good at that. Some things never change.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(03-12-2022, 11:21 AM)JGrout Wrote: you seem to be _really_ good at that. Some things never change.

Noticed you finally came back to these pages. Based on past history, same to you. Anytime you like......

Doug
(03-12-2022, 11:38 PM)Tapper Wrote: Noticed you finally came back to these pages. Based on past history, same to you. Anytime you like......

Doug

just a drive by........CYA HAND
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy