Delta Uni-Fence
Our local school district purchased a SawStop for their woodworking classes to replace a late model Delta Uni-Saw which was moved to the bus barn where it has sat mostly unused for about 4 years.

I am doing some volunteer work with the district STEAM program and was told I could use the Uni-Saw. When I looked at the saw I found the fence was not usable so I took it home and attempted a repair. I found the detent that sets in the locking mechanism was sticking. After some filing, cleaning and adjusting the fence is now working.

I was lucky in that the spring, setscrew and ball bearing that make up the detent assembly fell into my hands when I removed the setscrew and pushed the other parts free. I checked on ereplacementparts.com and not surprisingly found that almost all of these parts are no longer available. I did notice that the above three parts were sold as a kit (P.N. 422271120002) so I suspect it was not uncommon for them to disappear when working on the fence.

Bill