Stand On Rubber Mat
My shop has a concrete floor, and I have no complaints. But does anyone think standing on a rubber mat is beneficial?
Yes. ……They help.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Absolutely they make a difference. I have them every place in my shop where I might be standing for any length of time.
(03-12-2022, 11:12 AM)Petertaylor Wrote: My shop has a concrete floor, and I have no complaints.  But does anyone think standing on a rubber mat is beneficial?

My feet tire out from walking on cement, tile or any hard surface. A cushiony mat is a big help. My fave is a set of interlocking foam squares with edge pieces from Lowes. I think they are about 3/8 in. thick & I haven't yet tripped on the edge.
These are the mats I bought (2 sets). They link easily and make a notable difference.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Fleming-Supply-...5002069389
Yes.

I get mine from uline. They arent cheap but well made. 

I like the Cadillac mats but they have many options. 

Uline mats

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I have about 8 in my shop. There arealso 8 stools at the different sations where I can safely sit and still do what is needed Go to rummage sales and you will find a cheap source of kitchen and bar stools. Buy the height you needWith my spine problems it would be impossible to spend time in my shop without these aids. You learn to do what you body needs Getting old is not fun. At least for me
packerguy® Wrote:I like the Cadillac mats but they have many options.

Do you use the 3/8" thickness or 5/8"?

Tyler
I got mats with holes in them.  So much nicer than standing around on chips from the metal lathe.
I highly recommend getting some rubber mats for your concrete floor. Makes a world of difference.  Super cheap are the Harbor Freight anti-fatigue foam mats. A step up are horse stall mats from Tractor supply.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.