Stand On Rubber Mat
Depends on person. I get the cheap foam mats from Sams. Hold up amazingly well. Have them all over the shop.
Do you find the rubber mats a pain to sweep around? I mainly have wood saw dust but sometimes steel drill shavings at the drill press. I know the steel from the drill press gets stuck in the broom when cleaning.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
What is this sweeping and cleaning you are talking about.? I didn't know that kind of language was allowed here. I haven't heard awful things like that since high school shop Rubber mats stools and a good inch or three of dust and shavings are a good buffer. Any thicker than that and bribe your grandkids to remove some of it.
(03-22-2022, 07:14 AM)Terry W Wrote: I highly recommend getting some rubber mats for your concrete floor. Makes a world of difference.  Super cheap are the Harbor Freight anti-fatigue foam mats. A step up are horse stall mats from Tractor supply.

Second this ,
(03-26-2022, 10:35 AM)lift mechanic Wrote: Do you find the rubber mats a pain to sweep around? I mainly have wood saw dust but sometimes steel drill shavings at the drill press. I know the steel from the drill press gets stuck in the broom when cleaning.

Threw my broom and dust pan away the day I bought my shop vac. Not only does it do a much better job then the broom ever did, it does it faster too.
google anti fatigue mats - lots of choices and better than flat rubber mats from the big box store
I use the interlocking mats from HF. And as stated above, the shop vac does
the best job of getting them cleaned up. If you sweep it will NOT get it all.
Vacuum and you are done.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I periodically use a "dust down" sweeping compund before sweeping, definitely helps...I finish up with a shopvac...
I have some HF mats, and I guess more are on the horizon...
(03-12-2022, 11:12 AM)Petertaylor Wrote: My shop has a concrete floor, and I have no complaints.  But does anyone think standing on a rubber mat is beneficial?

I have both smooth top surface mats and mats with holes.  For mats with holes, sawdust, wood chips, miscellaneous small hardware items  will mostly resist being vacuumed up out of the holes. Best approach there is to pull up the mats, set them aside, sweep up the debris then put the mats down. The mats with a smooth (textured) top surface are a lot easier to clean.  If/when I find some solid top surface mats at a good price I'm hoping to replace the ones with holes.Besides comfort while standing on them, rubber mats are a pretty good shock absorber for tools that get dropped. Drop a chisel and it will land on the cutting edge.