Organization
Another member mentioned about organization 

How is this?  Also made this tray from end cuts to help sorting and putting fasteners back into the drawer.
Have a background in aviation, inspector.  We had rules, everything in its place and strict FOD control.
Please come to my shop and organize for me.
(03-12-2022, 05:34 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Please come to my shop and organize for me.

Wellll…….
I just got tired of hunting for fasteners and such, so I took a couple days and sorted and organized.
Very happy with the results.
Enjoy the organized shop: for me at least, the organization seems to fall apart too quickly.
Good idea MT,  Rockler, the company that seems to make solutions to problems that don't exist, has sold this useful item for a number of years:

Easy Sorter Funnel Tray

[Image: 38770-04-1000.jpg]

It is one handy little gizmo.

Gary
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I have 2 cases with drawers and every time I organize & label them I wind up with a different one and have to chronologically organize them again.
Crazy

Jim
Jim
I picked up a used bakers rack- used in restaurants to hold trays and cookie sheets. Foot print is about 24 x 20. Plywood makes doe great shelves, holds may of the small parts cases

One of those Yellow funnel trays from Harbor Freight and some empty peanut butter jars has been my goto system for many moons now.
I use these:
 https://www.harborfreight.com/media/cata...928_W3.jpg 
for storage of all the screws, washers, nuts and bolts I keep in stock for projects. They come in a variety of sizes and the ability to take the separate bins out is convenient
I still end up with a lot of used and spare hardware too useful to toss but useless if it cannot be easily accessed. For these items I use clear gallon birdseed containers with a screw top. They are basically labeled- screws, 1/4 and less nuts and bolts, larger nuts and bolts, small brackets, washers and spacers, and bearings among others get their own container. An old motel tray with the corner cut off makes a nice way to dump the container out and search for things before refilling it.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
(03-12-2022, 04:46 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Another member mentioned about organization 

How is this?  Also made this tray from end cuts to help sorting and putting fasteners back into the drawer.
Have a background in aviation, inspector.  We had rules, everything in its place and strict FOD control.

Small parts and fastener storage seems to be a growing and a never ending process.  The important thing is to have containers you're comfortable with and the self discipline to put things back in their intended place.
I've had to build my own container drawers.  For example, one drawer for screw thread size, another for the nuts of that thread size, another for regular washers, and a forth for lock washers.  Some offshoots are places for non-ferrous of that thread size, carriage bolts of that thread size, and slotted head fasteners of that thread size.  This spread is normally focused on 1/4-20. 5/16-18, & 3/8-16.  Then there are metrics sorted as to thread size and small screws sorted to thread size.  There's also hex head cap screws in various thread sizes and socket head set screws in various thread sizes.  So far I haven't had to split up but a few thread sizes as to length because the container got too full.

Take the time every few years to re-organize expanding parts and fastener inventories.  Its a time saver in the long run.  There are some good starting ideas above.

Below is a shot I took of my 3/8-16 steel cap screw drawer.  It had gotten to the point of being overfilled so I was sorting as to length and going to two drawers for 3/8-16 cap screws.