Looking for 15" slides
(03-23-2022, 05:54 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Find anything?
I've got some 16" BB that can be cut off I think

Thank you but have access to even sizes from work. Pretty decent prices. Unfortunately, I've had a lot going on personally and haven't spent much time looking for anything.

Hopefully next week slows down.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Update. I called the manufacturer today and asked about replacement slides. They are available, $16 each side for a total of $32/pr. No way, they aren't that special. I picked up a pair of 14" slides and will install them to see how noticeable the difference is.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(05-20-2022, 11:39 AM)museumguy Wrote: Update. I called the manufacturer today and asked about replacement slides. They are available, $16 each side for a total of $32/pr. No way, they aren't that special. I picked up a pair of 14" slides and will install them to see how noticeable the difference is.

Maybe that's why they made 'em 15"?
(07-02-2022, 07:16 PM)kurt18947 Wrote: Maybe that's why they made 'em 15"?

Probably. It was Waterloo that was bought by Stanley. The phone number connects to Waterloo. 

After the phone call, I went and measured the toolbox again, duh, 16" fits just fine. I replaced 1 already, works great.

Garry
Garry, just came across this thread and noticed the length because I'm also looking for two sets of 15" slides. Would be interested in how the 14" slides work out for you.

Thanks,

Doug
Hi Doug. I actually used 16" slides. They fit and worked fine. The screw holes in the slides lined up with the holes in the cabinet and drawers perfectly.

Garry
Thanks - glad it worked out for you.
(07-10-2022, 09:08 PM)Tapper Wrote: Thanks - glad it worked out for you.

Me to. I feel like a fool for not measuring accurately in the beginning. I need to replace several slides, they just didn't last very long. I now know what I need to accomplish this, more pop rivets!!  Lol

Garry