1/16 kerfs
Hi  New to the forum(today)  Need Help. I'm building a tow truck. I can't figure how to make the 1/16 kerfs for the doors. Any suggestions? Thanks guys. Butch
Without more details, it is hard to say what is best. However, the first thing that comes to mind is a 1/16" router bit.
An average circular saw blade has a 1/16" kerf. I use them occasionally in my table saw as it is much easier to drive a smaller and thinner blade.
(03-13-2022, 01:20 PM)FS7 Wrote: An average circular saw blade has a 1/16" kerf. I use them occasionally in my table saw as it is much easier to drive a smaller and thinner blade.

Yep, done this many times. Works like a charm.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I too have used a high quality 7 1/4" circular saw blade in my table saw to cut a box and lid apart when I don't want to lose too much kerf and throw of the dimensions of the exposed box joints.  And I have used it to cut the slot for the cheese slicer wire in a cheese slicing board.  Works just fine.
What size are we talking about?? You can use a scrollsaw or a jigsaw. Then you will be able to make the curves.
John T.
(03-14-2022, 10:46 AM)BrentDH Wrote: I too have used a high quality 7 1/4" circular saw blade in my table saw to cut a box and lid apart when I don't want to lose too much kerf and throw of the dimensions of the exposed box joints.  And I have used it to cut the slot for the cheese slicer wire in a cheese slicing board.  Works just fine.
I've found high quality 7 1/4" blades very good for cutting thin or small pieces. They seem less prone to being grabby than a 10" blade. I just feed slower than with a 10" blade due to lower rim speed.
(03-17-2022, 08:25 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: What size are we talking about?? You can use a scrollsaw or a jigsaw. Then you will be able to make the curves.

He said "kerfs' not "curves"

Reading is Fundamental!    (Bonus points if you get that reference) 
Smile
Dumber than I appear
Gotta love how OP joined the forum, posted his question then promptly disappeared. Never even logged in again to look for answers.
Logging in is not necessary. He could still read the responses simply by visiting the forum.

Simon