SawStop Firmware
Our retirement community has a SawStop contractor tablesaw being donated.

Can the firmware be updated and if so what is the process ?

I checked on the SawStop website and do not see any reference.

Thanks, Bill
(03-13-2022, 12:51 PM)wjt Wrote: Our retirement community has a SawStop contractor tablesaw being donated.

Can the firmware be updated and if so what is the process ?

I checked on the SawStop website and do not see any reference.

Thanks, Bill

I have never heard of any need to have an update (for any sawstop model). They've upgraded their cartridges as far as I know and so the new ones they sell are the improved version. The oldest ics I have used was at least 14 years old, but there wasn't any update done.

Simon
(03-13-2022, 01:11 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: I have never heard of any need to have an update (for any sawstop model). They've upgraded their cartridges as far as I know and so the new ones they sell are the improved version. The oldest ics I have used was at least 14 years old, but there wasn't any update done.

Simon

Agree with what Simon said. Activated the brake on my 14 yr. old PCS last year by inadvertently touching the blade with metal. Brake did its job. Had a spare cartridge but bought another backup replacement. Never have received any notification from Sawstop of any necessary updates to cartridges.

Doug
Updates are in the cartridges. That said, I have a prerelease version of the contractor saw, and still use the original standard and dado cartridges. I don't recall how old that is, but it's at least a couple of years older than the PCS.