TS issues....
[font="Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Time to pack in my Steel City TS. I can't turn the tilt handle...took it apart several times and can not find the issue. No place near me to consult- Long Island NY. So... I no longer need a large cabinet saw, as the projects have downscaled. What is a nice/ reasonablly priced bench/ contractors saw? Can I utilize my motor (2ph. 1hp)? Give me your input....Alan[/font]

[font="Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]And...how do you dispose of a very heavy TS?[/font]
Contractor saws (the type with belt drive and the motor hanging out the back) are going to be nearly as large as your cabinet saw.

The job site saws are significantly less, size-wise.  If I didn't want to spring for the $1500 Sawstop job site saw, I'd look at the Bosch.  Still going to run $700-ish plus tax and shipping; you might find one in stock at the big box stores.

I've used the Dewalt.  It was OK; just OK.

I've recommended the Bosch to a friend, and he's happy with it.

In my opinion, stepping  down to a job site saw requires adjusting how one does finer, more exacting work, and perhaps some expectations about saw performance.  They're really made for job site carpentry work.  The fences always seemed sketchy to me.

I don't see any realistic use for your old motor, unless you find a used Steel City with a burned up motor.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
(03-14-2022, 04:03 PM)AlanS Wrote: [font="Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Time to pack in my Steel City TS. I can't turn the tilt handle...took it apart several times and can not find the issue. No place near me to consult- Long Island NY. So... I no longer need a large cabinet saw, as the projects have downscaled. What is a nice/ reasonablly priced bench/ contractors saw? Can I utilize my motor (2ph. 1hp)? Give me your input....Alan[/font]

[font="Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]And...how do you dispose of a very heavy TS?[/font]

I'd suggest you look again.  It's not complicated.  It's just a gear riding on a rack.  Packed dust, dried grease, a small sliver of wood, or rust.  Clean it up and lube it up.  It'll work again.