New Lumber Supply...
So...now I need to start a Single Brain Cell Sketch Up for the next Project(s)

Spent a Grand Total of $30 for a stack of 11 boards...52 linear feet of 1 x 6 

Seven boards are 4/4 x 6" x 48"

The four longer boards are 4/4 x 6 x 74" long

All had been in a storage rack for 10+ years...were bandsaw milled from a tree in the fellow's woods...

End grain seems to suggest these were all Quarter sawn. vs flat sawn.

Wood is Ash.

Will see just what I can cobble together....a couple boards have a case of split ends I need to trim off....not too sure about that barky edge, yet..

Stay tuned...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I do envy you your wood sources.  All I see around here is cedar and fir.
It's all wood.
(03-18-2022, 02:20 PM)ChuckHill Wrote: I do envy you your wood sources.  All I see around here is cedar and fir.

Not only for selection but the price.  Nice score
A Project Idea....there is some unused space IN the shop..

Thinking maybe a bank of 5 drawers? 

Hauled 4 planks to the shop...4/4 x 6 x 4'....going to process those done into drawer parts....available area is 20-3/4" tall, 11-1/2" wide, and can be 10"+deep.   Too narrow out in front...so putting them into the side of this stand should work....

We'll see how this goes...

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin
Milled those planks down to sizes needed...7/8" x 4" x 12"  for the 5 drawer fronts.   fairly easy to do.

The sides were a different matter as 7/8" was a bit too thick for drawer sides...set up a kerfing saw..

No, my tablesaw can not reach 2" depth...We have other ways to remove the center rib..

Big OLD rip saw...before Disston added a hyphen between D and 8....28" long, 5-1/2ppi...

And the waste just flops to the side...nice little Cardio Workout..  Looks a bit rough?

We have ways..

Tracks from the plane?  Corrected that with the lateral lever....then plane with the grain..

And repeat 4 times...

Still need 5 more sides milled to match (5 drawers, right) and 5 backs for the drawers. 

hauled 2 more planks to the shop, today....milled those.   Now have all 10 sides milled.   And a start on the backs.

Thinking I MIGHT split those 2 backs into 4 blanks at 3/8 Thick....still have one more plank at 7/8" X 6 x 48"...

Some of the strips from resizing for width...can be made into runners for the drawers to slide on...we'll see when I get that far along...right now...need to attach the sides to the fronts....Maybe do one or two drawers a day?  

Stay tuned...
2 more planks to the shop, today....wanted to get 5 more sides done...

That way each drawer front can have it's own 2 sides

Figured out how much of a rebate I need on the ends of the drawer fronts..and milled those..

Wasn't going to take all day to do..

When I have 10 to do....test fit into the opening...about a 1/16" to spare...

Had to re-arrange a couple items.....moved the tablesaw out of the way...

As I wanted that router table brought out...the Mitre Box was moved to the top of the tablesaw, for now...I did keep the rip fence handy..

The router?   Made by B&D..a clone of a DeWalt No. 610....just a 1/4" collet, instead of the 610's 1/2"....oh, and no yellow paint, either..

Just gray.   I also made "Start" and "STOP" lines on the fence...and made 10 cuts..

One on each end....Will lay out for the next 3, tomorrow...Then use these "pins" to lay out tails onto the drawer sides..and hand cut those...

Need to set up the stanley #45s...BOTH of them...one for grooves  and one for dados...Oh, and mill up 5 drawer backs..

Sounds like a "Fun" week...anyone want to stop by and help out?

Stay tuned...
Would love to stop by and help out.  The drive is a bit of a deal killer for me though.
Reset the fence a few more times, today..

Then traced out a pattern that I hoped would fit..

A few adjustments to this one...then go and trace out the next..

Add a knife line for the chisels to try to hit..

And make a couple more drawer sides...enough for 2 drawers, so far.

Enough that a test fit could be done..

Knee was getting sore, again..decided to clean things up, and call it a day

Stay tuned
Maybe after Supper, today...I am trying a few different things...trying to get better fitting tails....
Trying a couple of different, to me, things....Traced around the pattern....then knife wall on the waste side of the baseline.   Bandsaw cut was to LEAVE the lines, by cutting on the waste side only.   Use the knife lines to guide the chisel...

Then chop down about halfway...then flip the board over....

And finish the chops...then a test fit...

Getting better..one socket had a too high floor...pare that down...

No gaps, now....needed a mallet and a wood block to assemble....no glue involved, either...stash this away, for now..

Just the fronts of the drawers, and their sides...hey, at least if fits....Repeat for the other 3 drawers..

Yes, that is a gap at the top....None between the drawers, yet...can space out the runners a bit (later) to even things out.

Tomorrow?   Stanley No. 45's turn....time to get ..."Groovy, Man!"

Stay tuned...