Stanley #10 Carriage Rabbet Plane - SOLD
liquidation continues - Nice Stanley #10 Carriage Rabbet Plane, some call it Jack Rabbet. No cracks (I checked closely), japanning 95%, orig blade, controls smooth, has hang hole & some scattered fine pits. dealer list about $200, for quick sell $80 + sh/ppf, will fit large flat rate box.

Attached Files Image(s)

Really nice, Ray. And a very generous price, too. PM sent.
WOW that is a great price for the original article!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
(03-19-2022, 05:56 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: WOW that is a great price for the original article!

Agreed. I've got one and I'm surprised how often I use it.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(03-22-2022, 08:47 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Agreed. I've got one and I'm surprised how often I use it.

Out of curiosity, what do you use it for?  I assume not making carriages...  
Big Grin
It's all wood.
(03-22-2022, 09:14 PM)ChuckHill Wrote: Out of curiosity, what do you use it for?  I assume not making carriages...  
Big Grin

I found that finessing the fit of a breadboard edge is one application where it shines it get right up to the shoulder and make short work of fitting that tenon. I have found many other uses for it too!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
(03-23-2022, 07:47 AM)Belle City Woodworking Wrote: I found that finessing the fit of a breadboard edge is one application where it shines it get right up to the shoulder and make short work of fitting that tenon.  I have found many other uses for it too!

This

Have a 10 and a 10-1/2. I use them to clean up inside corners. Both were my dad's so probably were also my grandfathers. Pre ww2
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS