Where do you find woodworking plans?
When I build a desk or file cabinet, I first build the drawers. It is much easier for me to build around those than starting with the frame/etc. and filling in. I generally have to build to fit a specific area so usually design/size for that.

Please do not use plans from Ted or whomever is hawking the 1500 Free Plans or what ever they are calling them. Those are copyrighted by someone else and pirated by the shysters.
Thanks, K.L.

The drawers first idea is a good one.  

I have not seen the offer for 1,500 "free plans" but I would be very skeptical about the "free" part. I will pass on that. (And 1,500 plans probably means that I might actually be interested in building less than 1% of them).

I've gotten emails recently from Popular Woodworking which I used to subscribe to years ago. They have joined the bandwagon of so many other magazines offering access to every back issue they have published, going back 30+ years, for $99.  I'm not going to take them up on their offer.