SawStop question -- 1.75 vs 3 hp
(04-07-2022, 11:21 AM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Thanks.  May have to make my mind up soon!

According to an email I got from SawStop Marketing yesterday, new prices will be in effect on May 3rd...
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
(03-20-2022, 11:20 AM)Wild Turkey Wrote: As I sit here admiring the dozen stitches the doc put in my left index finger after cleaning up cut from dado that didn't heal my adult sons are making it clear they would much prefer that I sell my vintage Unisaw and get a SawStop.  They can be as subtle as their dear mother and there's two of them so I am clearly outclassed.

So as I study the situation the big question is power.

The 1.75 HP version is listed as 110v -- is it convertible to 220 v or is 110 plenty?

My current Unisaw has a 52" fence but I'm studying it carefully to see if I really need that much fence.

Any other factors I should consider in deciding which one to go with? 
Confused  
Confused

I missed this best of luck on the recovery. My take would be it hard to move to lower hp motor after having a 3hp but if you rarely cut more than 4-5 qtr stock then go for it. 
Re sale could also be affected by the smaller motor. JMHO
(04-02-2022, 05:23 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: No firm decision yet, but the comments have made the 3hp the probable pick.

Also, I would recommend getting the 52" fence.  You may not be halving 4x8 sheets on the tablesaw (full-sized sheetgoods are better tackled with a tracksaw IMO), but I do like having the larger side table that the longer TS fence provides as a "staging area" when I am doing cutting operations. It's especially handy when you are dealing with multiple pieces.