WTB: Ash lumber
Friend needs 600-1000 bf of Ash lumber, 8" wide or better, that will finish sand to 1"+.

Not having much luck in Louisville area.  

Anyone have any sources that aren't too far from Louisville?
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(03-21-2022, 08:36 AM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Friend needs 600-1000 bf of Ash lumber, 8" wide or better, that will finish sand to 1"+.

Back home in North East PA where I use to live I had 2 guys I would buy ash from. I still have some that I brought down to SC. It's a great wood to work with. In 2015 I was paying $1.50 to $2.00 a bdft. I'm sure it's double that these days. In our woodshop here they get $4.28 bdft for 4/4. 

I found these places and its about 100 miles away. You may already know it. I have no idea of the quality. Good luck. 

https://www.northwestlumberco.com/

https://crlumber.com/
(03-21-2022, 08:36 AM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Friend needs 600-1000 bf of Ash lumber, 8" wide or better, that will finish sand to 1"+.

Too bad you aren't closer to Niagara Falls.  I have at least 1000 bf of clear white ash ready to go into my drier.  

John
If you are on Facebook, join our Central Indiana Woodworkers group.  They have a list of sawyers on there at the top of the page.  Plus if you post your request, I'm sure someone could point you in the right direction

Central Indiana Woodworkers
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
(03-21-2022, 02:19 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Too bad you aren't closer to Niagara Falls.  I have at least 1000 bf of clear white ash ready to go into my drier.  

John

PM sent
Big Grin
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Hardwood Specialities in Lexington would also be a good place to look, assuming you haven’t done so already.
If it's not to far away try https://almendingersawmill.com/ in Johnstown Ohio
Hardwood specialties usually has a lot of ash. I’ve bought some on 2 occasions, but usually 8/4.

There used to be a guy near you called mcinturf sawmill in Lawrenceburg, but I’ve heard a rumor that he is no longer cutting wood. Then of course there is Bagdad sawmill. Good luck!
Also u can check out branch and bark urban sawmill in lexington.