Powermatic 2014 220v lathe.
I have one and I really like it
I will be going to take a look at it, and other tools next week. She just wants it all gone.

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.
(03-24-2022, 05:00 PM)taxman Wrote: I believe the model is 2014. for blanks 20 high and 14 long. Kind of a mini 3520.

Ahhh. I thought that was the year it was purchased.  LOL. 
Laugh

Don't mind me.
(03-24-2022, 05:00 PM)taxman Wrote: I believe the model is 2014. for blanks 20 high and 14 long. Kind of a mini 3520.

Oops! that's backwards. 14" high, 20" long
(03-25-2022, 08:01 AM)Grey Mountain Wrote: I will be going to take a look at it, and other tools next week.  She just wants it all gone.

GM

I'm sorry that I am not close enough to help. Thank you for helping.

As a rule of thumb, if I see pics of turning tools for an estate sale, I pay extra attention if the steel is black.

If the widow says that her husband bought the lathe at an AAW (or Utah) symposium, then the chances that there are high-end accessories in drawers and boxes go way up.

If you see what looks like an odd all-metal bottle stopper kit, it is probably one of Ruth Niles' bottle openers. (They are fun to ask people what they are.) If there is a cache of Ruth's kits, there is a good chance that there will also be one of Ruth's off-axis turning mandrels. (Well-made and not cheap)

If your friend has any idea what sort of turnings the deceased was wanting to do, we might have suggestions for tools/jigs to keep an eye out for.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
The deceased husband is a neighbor. I knew of him, but did not know him. A bit strange that there was another turner with obviously some pretty good equipment about ten miles from me. The friend who first told me about the lathe purchased several Sorby chisels from her.
After I see the set up, I'll have a better idea.
If I could afford it, it would be very nice for a second lathe for us.  Looked it up and HomeDepot sells it for $3k which seems a great price to me and if you need a longer bed just buy the 20" extender at PM

Amazon sells it for $2600

https://www.amazon.com/Powermatic-2014-B...B08698VF63
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The lathe is posted for sale on Swap and Sell.