Digital Measuring Tape
I have started seeing ads for Digital Measuring Tape
It is a regular tape with with digital readout.
Anyone have experience in this?

Thanks
My son got me one as a Christmas gift 2 or 3 years ago.  Don't think I've ever used it for any real work - a traditional tape is easier.  Might perhaps be useful if I needed a quick metric measurement.
I've had a Bosch laser distance measure for a few years. Some of the "digital tapes" I just looked at have this basic technology in a tape measure. Mine is accurate enough to measure base, which I admit is easier with my Stanley, but measuring crown is a two step process without a helper or that tool. It gets its most use measuring multiple distances over 25'. It also has other functions like adding, multiplying, and a basic trig function to determine an otherwise unobtainable measurement by using the hypotenuse. My search just revealed that the cost is a lot less now.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Not very useful for me.
I had one from Starrett years ago. 

While it was decent, it just wasn’t consistent enough from me and I sold it.  I’ll bet it was better than the offshore versions you’re seeing now, but perhaps the tech has advanced.  

For stuff under three - four ft. I don’t find them useful.  Over that,  a laser measurer like MC mentions is far more useful.
(03-25-2022, 12:19 PM)Jack01 Wrote: I have started seeing ads for Digital Measuring Tape
It is a regular tape with with digital readout.
Anyone have experience in this?

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback
I was looking at this 
 https://www.maxshopgo.com/products/professional-digital-tape-measure?st&fbclid=IwAR0hj24Gp6a4NzmxjdA27WAnvn87p61BQ8KlGWraEEoAROpSZPPYRSAkqt0

anyone have experience?
The need to remove (when not in use for long) /replace a battery is a turn-off for me.

Simon
(04-01-2022, 08:33 AM)Jack01 Wrote: Thanks for the feedback
I was looking at this 
 https://www.maxshopgo.com/products/professional-digital-tape-measure?st&fbclid=IwAR0hj24Gp6a4NzmxjdA27WAnvn87p61BQ8KlGWraEEoAROpSZPPYRSAkqt0

anyone have experience?

Two people have already responded to your question.  

You seem to really want one of these things despite the less than glowing reviews. To top it off you seem to want the herd’s blessing to buy a new, unproven brand at that. 

RUBBER STAMP IF APPROVAL :

It’s supercalifragilistic, you should get one.
I bought one (not this style) a few years ago for my dad. His eyes were getting bad, and reading 16ths was pretty difficult. The one I bought (maybe Stanley?) seemed accurate and had a nice size digital readout on top. Also a 'memory button' you could push to record the measurement. Like most tools, it had it's place.
It's 30 bucks....just buy it. If you don't like it, oh well, not a big deal.
Report back either a full review.