What ever happened to…
(04-01-2022, 09:40 PM)wmickley Wrote: Todd Hughes was kicked off this forum. He ruffled too many fine feathers.

A few weeks later a new name appeared with many of the same attitudes. I thought it was Todd under a new name. That guy was promptly kicked off as well.

Though I don’t post much over on the “Old tools List”, I check in everyday. Todd used to be very active there, but it has been several years there as well. He used to always attend Patina events, but these have been postponed because of the pandemic. Todd might be there. I would love to see his home and the many anvils/tools strewed about.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(04-03-2022, 11:24 AM)Tony Z Wrote: Though I don’t post much over on the “Old tools List”, I check in everyday.  Todd used to be very active there, but it has been several years there as well.  He used to always attend Patina events, but these have been postponed because of the pandemic.  Todd might be there.  I would love to see his home and the many anvils/tools strewed about.

I miss posts from Todd and Walt an awful lot.  I seem to rehab and resell tools more than actually using them for woodworking - sure did learn a lot from both of them.  As far as I know, Todd still sells on eBay but aside from there, don't know that he's active online anywhere.
Todd’s post were entertaining. I always got a kick out of how he bragged and boasted about all his different girlfriends he’d go rust hunting with.

... Evenfall?  Rob was making shooting boards an similiar advices in Paradise, California. His shop burnt down.
(04-06-2022, 08:24 AM)Pedder Wrote: ... Evenfall?  Rob was making shooting boards an similiar advices in Paradise, California. His shop burnt down.

That sounds right. Has anyone heard from him?

The last I heard, he was not planning on re-building his woodworking business.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(04-01-2022, 05:22 PM)AHill Wrote: I only meant mostly absent from WoodNet - not from the rest of the world.

I still lurk from time to time. (Between LAP  and still trying to close out some of my former freelance work for other clients...and trying to keep my house from falling down around me...I'm really busy!)
– Megan
(03-31-2022, 04:41 PM)AHill Wrote: joemac sold most of his ww gear.  I think he still posts in the basement every once-in-a-while

A few others who seem to have disappeared:
Blaine
Bob Zajiczek (Czech Edge Tools)
Stu Tierney (Schtoo - used to sell Japanese woodworking tools and stones - super knowledgeable about sharpening stones)
Evenfall (Rob) - Used to sell shooting boards - his entire shop was destroyed in a large wildfire in CA.

A few guys who used to be pretty active on WN but not anymore:

Chris Schwarz (PWW, Lost Arts Press)
Joel Moskowitz (TFWW)
Bob Lang (PWW - still posts from time to time)
Bob Smalser (left because he kept getting critiqued by idiots)
Jameel Abraham (started Benchcrafted)
Megan Fitzpatrick (erinorunning) - Managing Editor at PWW after Schwarz left - now works for Lost Arts Press

I'm still alive and kicking.  Not doing a whole lot of woodworking these days, but the shop is still open and disgustingly messy.

My wife and I purchases a second home in Northern Michigan a few years ago and I spend a good deal of time there, both Winter and Summer.  I'm spending a lot more time teaching downhill skiing up there than doing woodworking these days, although I've made some tables and a nice cabinet for the second home.  A foot injury, which is getting better, has prevented me from my summertime hiking treks.
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
Marcus Aurelius